1.7.1 to 1.8 upgrade not happening?

Thanks! I have learned a bit too late to keep a careful record of what I do. My wild days are over. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks. I was following the instructions you mentioned. When the upgrade instructions didn’t work, I tried the installation instructions. Is it possible for me to remove the old installation? Or do I simply have to move the files you mentioned from /opt/ to /etc/?

UPDATE: I got everything but my.openHAB working again. I am still planning on doing everything over the proper way, but at least now I can wait until I have another SD card to use. Thanks so much for your help!

Ok thanks for the tip, removed manual install and installed 1.8 with apt.
After coping over config directory got everything working except for the graphs.
I did install the perssistance adon along those that looks as required.

pi@rpi-openhab ~ $ sudo dpkg -l|grep openhab
    ii  openhab-addon-binding-tinkerforge     1.8.0                                   all          openHAB Tinkerforge Binding
    ii  openhab-addon-io-dropbox              1.8.0                                   all          openHAB Dropbox Connector
    ii  openhab-addon-persistence-mysql       1.8.0                                   all          openHAB mySQL Persistence
    ii  openhab-addon-persistence-rrd4j       1.8.0                                   all          openHAB RRD4j Persistence
    ii  openhab-runtime                       1.8.0                                   all          openHAB Distribution

Just to add more light on the topic.
I have not touched mysql setup that I use and to manualy checking given DB i see that openhab is filling it with data, just the graphs in the sitemaps are empty.

Fixed! you cant have addon-persistence-rrd4j and mysql at the same time.