#1534 --- Failed installing 'openhab-misc-restdocs'

thanks, that did the trick

I’ve removed it but getting this error time and time again

root@openhab-slave-eg:/var/log/openhab2# grep “Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’” openhab.log
2019-12-31 16:28:37.452 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’
2019-12-31 16:28:53.756 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’
2019-12-31 16:29:30.659 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’
2019-12-31 16:30:38.256 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’
2019-12-31 16:31:32.325 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-restdocs’

Hi,
the same for me, I’ve removed the entry in addons.cfg but the error appears every minute.

" REST Docs

This add-on is now part of the UIs. When previously installed using a UI, uninstall the REST Docs before updating and reinstall it after the update to prevent errors. When installing it using textual configuration, update services/addons.cfg by removing restdocs from misc and add it to ui instead."

If you updated the addons and it is still giving error you can try clearing the cache

openHABianPi:~$ sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
openHABianPi:~$ sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

This command will delete the temporary files within openHAB.
May resolve issues with addon installation and configuration.
The next start of openHAB will take a bit longer.

Okay to Continue? [y/N]: y
openHABianPi:~$ sudo systemctl start openhab2.service

In addition to @denominator post you may need to restart OH a few times. I had to reboot then restart OH 3 times to get everything working.

If that does not work then downgrade and uninstall restdocs, clean cache, restart OH then upgrade. After the upgrade you can reinstall the restdocs vai PaperUI.

After some tries I’ve found a file in

/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config

After removing it there, it stops installing the restdocs.

2 Likes

That did it for me (openhabian installed on a machine running Ubuntu 18.04). All other suggestions earlier in this thread did not work.