2.3.0 - wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest

I’m getting the following error message after upgrading to 2.3.0:

2018-05-28 14:30:31.095 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-plugwise1, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-netatmo, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-binding-plugwise, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-samsungtv, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-misc-market, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-binding-plex1, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-fritzboxtr0641, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-icloud': Error:
    Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest

Meanwhile UIs keep loading and I dont get a running system. Any chance to remove the wifiled binding from my installation, I installed it with PaperUI ? I’ve already emptied cache and tmp directories…

same here!

EDIT: Uninstall the wifiled binding using the openHAB console and the command: bundle:uninstall org.openhab.binding.wifiled

Another workaround:
check the contents of: $OPENHAB_USERDATA/config/org/openhab/addons.config (/var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config)

You can set the desired addons in your $OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg (/etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg)

To explicitly load what config you define in addons.cfg, use: pid:org.openhab.addons as the first line in $OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg

1 Like

Here is my

addons.config

binding="max,weatherunderground,zwave,ntp,wifiled,harmonyhub,http1,systeminfo,astro,icloud,amazondashbutton,networkupstools1"
felix.fileinstall.filename="file:/var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg"
misc="openhabcloud"
package="standard"
persistence=",rrd4j"
remote="true"
service.pid="org.openhab.addons"
transformation="map,jsonpath,xslt"
ui="basic,paper,habpanel,classic,habmin"

addons.cfg

# The installation package of this openHAB instance
# Note: This is only regarded at the VERY FIRST START of openHAB
# Note: If you want to specify your add-ons yourself through entries below, set the package to "minimal"
# as otherwise your definition might be in conflict with what the installation package defines.
#
# Optional. If not set, the dashboard (https://<yourserver>:8080/) will ask you to choose a package.
#
# Valid options:
#   - minimal  : Installation only with dashboard, but no UIs or other add-ons. Use this for custom setups.
#   - simple   : Setup for using openHAB purely through UIs - you need to expect MANY constraints in functionality!
#   - standard : Default setup for normal users, best for textual setup
#   - expert   : Setup for expert users, especially for people migrating from openHAB 1.x
#   - demo     : A demo setup which includes UIs, a few bindings, config files etc.
#
# See https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/packages.html for a detailed explanation of these packages.
#
#package = minimal

# Access Remote Add-on Repository
# Defines whether the remote openHAB add-on repository should be used for browsing and installing add-ons.
# This not only makes latest snapshots of add-ons available, it is also required for the installation of
# any legacy 1.x add-on. (default is true)
#
#remote = true

# Include legacy 1.x bindings. If set to true, it also allows the installation of 1.x bindings for which there is 
# already a 2.x version available (requires remote repo access, see above). (default is false)
#
#legacy = true

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "binding = sonos,knx,zwave")
#binding = 

# A comma-separated list of UIs to install (e.g. "ui = basic,paper")
#ui = 

# A comma-separated list of persistence services to install (e.g. "persistence = rrd4j,jpa")
#persistence = 

# A comma-separated list of actions to install (e.g. "action = mail,pushover")
#action = 

# A comma-separated list of transformation services to install (e.g. "transformation = map,jsonpath")
#transformation = 

# A comma-separated list of voice services to install (e.g. "voice = marytts,freetts")
#voice = 

# A comma-separated list of miscellaneous services to install (e.g. "misc = myopenhab")
#misc = 

to solve the issue with the wifiled binding, edit your $OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg (/etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg) and specify:

binding = max,weatherunderground,zwave,ntp,harmonyhub,http1,systeminfo,astro,icloud,amazondashbutton,networkupstools1

notes:
no # comment mark in front of binding = line
removed wifiled binding
no " quotation marks

bundle:uninstall org.openhab.binding.wifiled should do the trick too.

thx, now its going on, but what is the problem?

just to understand: I have to maintain now always the addons on the addons.cfg?

It seems that the WifiLED binding is problematic (missing some kind of manifest :stuck_out_tongue:) . I didn’t expect that this would prevent OH2.3 from loading :frowning:

Now that you got OH2.3 up and running, you can comment out the binding = line from $OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg and it should work ok.

In the past I loaded the addons via the paper UI and added additional addons via the folder addons via drag and drop

You will continue to do the same.

This story with the addons.cfg was just a quick and dirty troubleshooting tip to get your OH 2.3 system back up

You can revert to the “standard” way of working again now :smiley: (just comment out the binding = line)

Issue captured:

should that be put in the addons.cfg??

Run from Karaf console.

It’s not clear to me if they can get to the console… original poster mentioned : I dont get a running system

I will try to replicate this issue on my test system to see if I can access the console also.

I tried to reinstall the wifiled binding and I got the same message as before.
thanks for open an github issue.

1 Like

Can you try the 2.4 Snapshot and let me know if it works (manually deploy it)

link: https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.wifiled/

you mean drag and drop the 2.4.0 wifiled jar file to addons folder?

I’m on 2.4 snapshot and do not have the issue.

Yes. Simply download the jar file and place it in your addons folder (/usr/share/openhab2/addons)
Just like any manual deployment of an addon

yes it works!

EDIT: Also after stop and start openhab again.

1 Like