[2.5.0M1+Z-Wave Snapshot] Z-Wave power consumption not updating, but manual polling works instantly

I hadn’t, until I did.

Yes, but after excluding and resetting this morning, they got new ghost associations, different than they had before. I wrote it up in quite exhaustive detail above. :wink:

Fair point.

Heh, just now I started feeling stuffy again, and I noticed my dehumidifiers were again full (thus not running) and obviously from the amount of humidity they hadn’t been running for a while… and yet the aural warning had not played. I was just about ready to give up and put the refresh script back in permanently, when I checked the log and noticed that the power readout WAS correctly showing 0 watts. Turns out i had forgotten to re-enable the monitoring script this morning… I had disabled it when I excluded and reset the devices. Figures…

Ok, I’m not really sure then. Maybe the memory in the device is screwed, and this is changing, or maybe there’s another controller in your network that does this, or maybe something in openHAB is configuring this - I really don’t know.

The binding won’t randomly choose to set associations I think (at least I’ve never seen it before), so it’s likely something external.

Two separate devices doing it, though.

I can leave it for now (it’s working) but is there any way I can help track down the issue if it comes back? As a programmer myself, I do fully understand that one cannot solve a problem one cannot see.

1 Like

:+1:

My only suggestion really is to get debug logs, and to check to see if the binding is sending this, and if it is we can work out why. I think it’s unlikely (but never impossible) that the binding would do it without external influence, but if you can capture the logs we can at least start to narrow it down.

1 Like

Wait a second, I thought I did have debug logging enabled? See the link:

Is that the right kind or should I be doing something differently next time?

Yes, the logs you’ve provided previously are the debug logs I’m talking about. The point is to capture where (or if) the binding is setting these invalid associations so we can work out why.

1 Like

Understood!

Thank you a whole bunch for your time and attention. Let’s leave this here, but if it randomly fails again I would really like to try to get to the bottom of it.

1 Like