[SOLVED] 2.5 M6 MQTT Link Number item - items missing

I configured a number type channel for a generic MQTT thing using paper ui

When I add a link to this channel, I expect all number type items of my things to be listed. But the list is empty and I have only the choice to create a new item.
This works perfectly OK in 2.4 stable

Background

• My sandbox setup is on openhabian buster with mostly just 2 enocean devices (NodonPir and Nodon Plug).

• I want to publish LUX values of my automatically discovered Nodon PIR via MQTT

• Linking On/Off items to ON/Off Channel Types works as expected

For most using mqtt the Things is created in PaperUI and the items are added to the items file at etc/openhab2/items

Here’s an example of my items file.

Switch LivingRoom_Light "Living Room Light" <light>  ["Lighting"] { channel="mqtt:topic:pibroker:sonoff11:power" }
Number LivingRoom_Light_Temp "Temperature [%.1f °F]"      <temp>             { channel="mqtt:topic:pibroker:sonoff11:temperature" }
Number LivingRoom_Light_Humidity    "Humidity [%.1f %%]"    <humidity>       { channel="mqtt:topic:pibroker:sonoff11:humidity" }

Switch CouchLight "Couch Light" <light>  ["Lighting"]  { channel="mqtt:topic:pibroker:sonoff2:power" }

You can copy the description seen in the pic above e.g. mqtt:topic:54257eb4:NumChan… and place it in items file like in the example above.

1 Like

thanks for this reply.
I am completely unfamiliar to the editing of openhab configuration files.
Good to know, there is a workaround and I will take your answer as a trigger to address this weakness.

Back to my original post. Don’t you think, this is still a bug in paper ui 2.5~M6?

1 Like

Possibly so, you should close this topic and move it to the M6 issues topic.:wink:

I am not sure that is wise. Release Candidate 1 is due today and the M6 thread will possibly be locked soon after. We had to lock the M5 thread so people would move to M6.

1 Like

I will upgrade to RC1 once it is available and can easily repost this issue in the new thread if it is not fixed meanwhile.
Is this what you would propose?