2.5 Milestone 5 Issues

With each update using “openhabian-config”, customized settings inside config-file “sound.properties” of JDK will be deleted

Please open an Issue on GitHub against openHABian.

If your openhabian actions include a Java upgrade that’s just about right. You must not expect custom config files to remain. And now that you found out it’s easy to work around, isn’t it?
If you didn’t choose to upgrade Java that’s a bug and you should open an issue as Bruce said. Remember to describe the exact circumstances this shows up under.

1 Like

I went again vom M4 to M5 and removed the following Features:

openhab-core-io-transport-serial-javacomm
openhab.tp-serial-javacomm

Then I made a fresh install of zwave and got the following bindings:

286 │ Active │  80 │ 3.15.0.OH2              │ nrjavaserial
287 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
288 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Configuration USB-Serial Discovery
289 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Configuration USB-Serial Discovery for Linux using sysfs scanning
290 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Configuration Serial
291 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport
292 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport for RXTX
293 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0.M5                │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport for RFC2217

Before I only had the nrjavaserial Binding installed. Now Zwave is running without problems :smile: It seems that uninstalling the bindings did not properly remove all features. .

I tried then to reactivate my Bindings and I’m still having these Issues when installing “Davis1” Binding all others (astro,sonos,gardena,mqtt,network,squeezebox,zwave,onewire, openhabcloud,googletts,marytts) work fine. I’m looking for alternatives of Davis1 like Meteostick. Thanks a lot for your help!

2 Likes

You have no option to keep the settings. regarded download/update step always download full java package and overwrites mentionned config-file. I’d open an issue as proposed. regards

But does the updater also overwrite /etc/default/openhab2?

I seem to remember that upgrading from 2.5 M4 to 2.5 M5 resulted in me losing my custom EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS configuration… so my JSR223/Jython rules no longer worked. I’m just not 100% sure anymore, but I know for sure I had to reconfigure this file to make my environment work again.

My jython rules continued to work after updating from M4 to M5.

Mine continued to work too.

I found a solution for my Problem. I did a fresh install to stable 2.4. With no bindings and no
devices. Then I updated to 2.5 M5, and add now the zwave Binding and my Fibaro Device.

This works. I have no enties in the logs anymore.
For me it looks that somehow the update is not working for me.

1 Like

With 2.5.0 M5 this exec command fails:

command=“/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/client bundle:status org.openhab.persistence.influxdb”,

It returns:

No more authentication methods available
No more authentication methods available

While with M4 the return value was a status (like Active).

When I upgrade to M5 from M4 (via apt), the openhab startup procedure gets stopped at the dashboard startup… Not sure how t debug further…

2019-11-24 17:29:37.287 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://192.168.101.16:8080
2019-11-24 17:29:37.289 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://192.168.101.16:8443

I was seeing this too. I’m not 100% sure, but I think it was due to the items not loading for some reason. Once I wrote out the items file again, this went away. Note that I am not absolutely certain that this did it as I also cleared the cache and eventually rebooted. But I think it is worth touching the items files to see if it helps. I had a rule with a new DateTime that was trying to access an item that didn’t exist due to the upgrade (existed in the items file, but openHAB didn’t seem to think it existed in the runtime).

But you are now working. If you can document ( & reproduce?) an issue, please open an issue on GitHub. Help us get 2.5 stable.

Could this be related to the Karaf console now requiring a password manually entered? Somebody in this thread got certificate authentication working.

I can document what I have done. But actually I have no time to reproduce it. Maybe next weekend

no worries, it seems a few people are struggling using upgrade when wipe, fresh install, and restore backup has them running good. That is basically what you did right?

we’ll get to the bottom of this
Bruce are you keeping track of any git issues raised in this thread? Dog gone this is a long thread already but seems like no major buggies yet, did I miss anything?

Nope. I am not a developer,
I just wanted to get the clutter out of the Milestone announcement thread. I think I have been slightly successful :wink:

yeah man

I’m not a developer either but I play one on tv :laughing:

1 Like

My “give-back” so far has been to audit & update the Z-Wave device database.

I now seem to be the focal point between the vendor Zooz (getzooz.com) and OpenHAB. We got them to promote their products in their store (thesmartesthouse.com) as supported by OpenHAB and they have been helping up keep our database up to date with their newest offerings.

Yes that is exactly what I did.

After the update is not running I created a fresh stable version, without any devices and bindings.

Then I did the update and on that updated system I install the zwave binding and zwave devices. That works