2 different overview Pages with different URL

Hi,

how can i create a different overview with its own URL after [address]:8080/

Bfo

There is at least one issue open to implement this. I don’t know when/if it will be implemented.

So there isnt a way to have 2 different UI’s ?
Thats very bad. In first floor, they dont should open / close my roller shutters or any other things and vice versa.

bfo

That’s a different question and combined with your other questions in the other thread I’m certain there is a good deal of confusion.

You have all sorts of UIs to choose from. You have BasicUI, HABPanel, MainUI, HABot, CometVisu, several apps that run on Android and at least one that runs on iOS. A number of users create their own UIs as well.

Each has their own capabilities, methods for configuration, and use cases.

So which UI are you talking about?

Regardless, if you need separate home automations like this, the usual approach is to have two OH instances, one for each floor.

Even if, for example, you created two separate sitemaps for use in BasicUI/phone apps (which is very possible in BasicUI) you can’t prevent the first floor from opening the sitemap for the second floor. There are no controls or logins to prevent that.

On-the-other-hand, MainUI, which is the default UI and the administration UI, allows for logins and supports two different user roles, admin and user. You can configure certain things to only be shown to one type of user or the other. But the admin user will have access to everything. They are an admin user after all.

If you need to enforce that users on the first floor cannot change anything on the second floor, you need two instances of OH, one for each floor.

I understand… but two instances is a little to much for that, what i wish to control. A UI with login a user and so on, is unusable for the user…
On the other hand: if i can install a second OH in the same virtual machine, listen on a other port… maybe this will be a solution. But this will be not working i think… because the directory structure, or is there another way?
And can the second OH instance share/use the same bindings like the first instance?
I had a lot of work to have all “things” now online. Can i copy it in a easy way?

Bfo

Fully explain what you are trying to achieve and how you want your users to interact with the home automation. There are like 40 different approaches that could be taken depending on what your end goals are.

For example some options could be:

• give the first floor a sitemap in BasicUI/HABPanel and the second floor a different sitemap in BasicUI/HABPanel
  • give the first floor a sitemap in BasicUI and the second floor can use MainUI
  • make the first floor UI controls only visible to users and the second floor controls only visible to admins
  • install an OH running on a cheap single board computer like a Raspberry Pi for the first floor and use your VM on the second floor
  • install a second VM to run each instance of OH on each floor
  • install a second instance of OH using a Docker container on the existing VM
  • install a second instance of OH using the manual instructions and configure it to use different ports

In all the cases where you have two instances of OH you can split them up so all the devices for the first floor are on one and all the devices for the second floor are on the other. Or you can have all the devices (i.e. Things) connected to one instance and use the Remote openHAB add-on to mirror the Items linked to those Things on the second instance.

If they are running on the same machine then only one instance can connect to certain hardware (e.g. USB devices like a Zwave controller).

Not enough information to answer. How are the Things configured? Why did it take a lot of work in the first place?

In general, you can copy and paste the YAML in the code tab or you can use the REST API Explorer to query for and create Things using their raw JSON formatting. If you have .things files you can probably copy those files over.