2 thermostats in Homekit OH2

Hello,

has anyone managed to configure 2 thermostats with the homekit binding?

I configured 2 in exactly the same way but only 1 thermostat shows up on the iPhone.

This is my config:

Group gTempLiving "Thermostaat living" (gBeneden) ["Thermostat"]  
Number TempLivingCurrent "Living temp [%.1f °C]" <temperature>  (gTempLiving) ["CurrentTemperature","Temperature"]
Number TempLivingTarget "Living set [%.1f °C]" <heating>  (gTempLiving) ["TargetTemperature","Temperature"]
String TempLivingHeatingCoolingMode "Living thermostaat mode" (gTempLiving) ["homekit:HeatingCoolingMode"]

Group gTempBoven "Thermostaat slaapkamer" (gBoven) ["Thermostat"]
Number TempBovenCurrent "Boven temp [%.1f °C]" <temperature>  (gTempBoven) ["CurrentTemperature","Temperature"]
Number TempBovenTarget "Boven set [%.1f °C]" <heating>  (gTempBoven) ["TargetTemperature","Temperature"]
String TempBovenHeatingCoolingMode "Slaapkamer thermostaat mode" (gTempBoven) ["homekit:HeatingCoolingMode"]

Only the first one Thermostaat living shows up.
My config file is the standard one from the documentation

org.openhab.homekit:port=9124
org.openhab.homekit:pin=031-45-154
org.openhab.homekit:useFahrenheitTemperature=false
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatCoolMode=CoolOn
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatHeatMode=HeatOn
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatAutoMode=Auto
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatOffMode=Off
org.openhab.homekit:networkInterface=10.0.1.180

Do I need separate lines in the config for the 2 thermostats?

Any idea what I’m missing in the config for the second thermostat to show up?

Another less important question is the following, when setting the temperature on the iphone in the homekit app for the thermostat that does show up the slider goes from -100 to + 100, is there a way to set the range (e.g. from 10°C to 30°C) ?

Thanks

Did you solve this? I have two thermostats in my home, and it works correctly in HomeKit. You might try turning up logging and paste the logs here from a fresh restart. There’s a decent amount of log output as the HomeKit add-on parses your items.

Beowolf,

meanwhile I got the second thermostat appearing. But I still have some issues though.

I can’t limit the slider in the IOS home app to a reasonable range, it goes from -100 to +100. Do you have the same ? Or where do you set the range ?

Secondly I get following log errors

2016-11-24 06:00:35.351 [ERROR] [al.accessories.HomekitThermostatImpl] - Unrecognized heating cooling target mode: heat. Expected cool, heat, auto, or off strings in value.
2016-11-24 06:00:35.356 [ERROR] [al.accessories.HomekitThermostatImpl] - Unrecognized heating cooling target mode: heat. Expected cool, heat, auto, or off strings in value.
2016-11-24 06:00:35.374 [ERROR] [al.accessories.HomekitThermostatImpl] - Unrecognized heating cooling target mode: auto. Expected cool, heat, auto, or off strings in value.
2016-11-24 06:00:35.379 [ERROR] [al.accessories.HomekitThermostatImpl] - Unrecognized heating cooling target mode: auto. Expected cool, heat, auto, or off strings in value.
2016-11-24 06:00:40.200 [ERROR] [al.accessories.HomekitThermostatImpl] - Unrecognized heating cooling target mode: auto. Expected cool, heat, auto, or off strings in value.

The error message tells the values heat and auto are not recognized but at the same time it is in the short list of expected values.

Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue here.

Falk, no still having the -100 to +100 degrees range for the thermostats in Apple home app. So if anyone else found how to limit the range, I’m very interested.

Hello, has anyone resolved the range problem?

The thermostat range of -100 thru +100 is due to a default setting in the HomeKit addon. I searched the source code and found that you can change this by configuring two additional parameters to the HomeKit Integration, for example like so:

• minimumTemperature=8
  • maximumTemperature=30

If you use PaperUi, you must change to Expert Mode, then scroll down and select Add Parameter.

It would definitely make sense to expose these parameters in the UI, and also to change the defaults (which don’t seem to make sense at all).

I’d like to add that to the docs, too, but I don’t know how. Any hints?

1 Like