3D Printer Status and Commands from/to Octoprint via HTTP REST API

I figured it out. Was trying to do it as a video instead of an image, using just the URL from the feed.

Also, note that in the thing definition above, the tool0 and bed temperatures are swapped…

And lastly, is there a graceful way to suppress the errors that the thing generates when the printer is turned off? I’m going to look into disabling the thing when the rule turns off the printer.

You can also use the ipcamera binding to integrate the camera!

1 Like

How do you get octopi to work with the ipcamera binding? Wasn’t able to integrate it by now via this way.

can we shutdown the octopi server through oh3?

FYI, someone (maybe in this thread?) has produced an OH3 plugin for octoPrint, so that you can power on a 3D printer automatically when you upload a file to octoPrint, or turn it off when it’s idle. This was possible with MQTT before, but it’ll now communicate directly with OH3 over REST with an API token.

I couldn’t get the plugin to work at first, but it turned out that my octoPrint server (an RPi3) can’t resolve the hostname of my openHAB server (an RPi4). It worked immediately when I substituted in my IP address.

1 Like