3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Hi @Bogdan_Manta,

Getting manufacturer data is implemented but not yet released. I’ll try to find some time to cut a new release for this feature, but I cannot promise anything now when as I’m too busy.

Hi Vlad

I successfully upgrade to 5.47 but it did not change anything.

I really appreciate your support and I like the approach of your bluetooth binding. I have however decided to go another path.
For all my current bluetooth devices (Mi Flower, Weber iGrill, Huawei scale and Anova sues vide) sombody have made a Python program that access the device and publish on MQTT. So I set up a couple of Pi Zeros and run these programs. I have it running for Mi Flower, and it was real easy to set up.
For presence detection I am going to use some iBeacons and OwnTracks on the phones.

I hope you find the time to do more work on your binding, as it seems to be just the right approach. I do however suggest you think about how to make it easier to add support for devices, as most devices seems to require some tweaking beside just parsing the GATT.

Again, thank you!
Jesper

Hi Just moved to a new windows system anyone knows this error
Blugiga adapter trying to setup 2.4 OH , on windows

1. installed Bluetooth Binding BlueGiga Transport - market:binding-3769228 - 1.0
  2. Bluetooth Binding - market:binding-3694484 - 1.0
  3. configured COM3 (binding settings)

i have below error

07:13:27.075 [INFO ] [marthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
07:13:27.380 [WARN ] [ooth.internal.BluetoothHandlerFactory] - Extension folder does not exist, ignoring it: /home/pi/.bluetooth_smart
07:13:27.406 [ERROR] [.binding.bluetooth.transport.bluegiga] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.sputnikdev.org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.transport.bluegiga
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.sputnikdev.org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth.transport.bluegiga [236]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

Solved … long post took some time but i think it shuld be on then guide @vkolotov
feature:install openhab-transport-serial

all configred and i am able to find BT devices !

but i see them all as offline

07:30:57.871 [ERROR] [.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while calling thing handler factory 'org.sputnikdev.esh.binding.bluetooth.internal.BluetoothHandlerFactory@1326a33': Invalid URL: /XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/[name=3D:CF:C7:C2:A5:92]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URL: /XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/[name=3D:CF:C7:C2:A5:92]
        at org.sputnikdev.bluetooth.URL.<init>(URL.java:118) ~[?:?]

Edit

the above error is for devices that are not supported?

i am able to find a BLE beacon and its working great , i guess the above is for my iphones/ipads/ appple watch?

Hi @Gad_Ofir, yeah, this one is an experimental feature. Most likely it is your iphone or android phone. Change name in BT settings of your phone and then instead of /XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/[name=3D:CF:C7:C2:A5:92] your should get /XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/[name=“phone name”] and then it should work fine given you do the following:

Thanks Vlad i will try this

I’m very new at OH2 and bluetooth binding as well.
Just have found how to use phone as Beacon Bluetooth device (I have bled112 bluegiga).

Downloaded nRF app from Google Play and configured advertising packet where added record ‘Complete Local Name’.

The phone(s) recognized as beacon and can be used to presence detection.

Some observations:

• On android 8 it works perfect (you have to lock app in memory)
  • On android 9 (with doze) sometimes it threw out from memory and stop working
  • I didn’t notice extra battery drain

Hope it will help you to

• Creating a hybrid mobile app (iphone and android) to emulate BT beacon and keep BT advertisement always on
1 Like

Hi,

Am I able to disable this log notification with bluegiga?

[WARN ] [tooth.bluegiga.BlueGigaSerialHandler] - Ignoring BlueGigaPassKeyResponse response which has not been requested.
[WARN ] [r.transport.bluegiga.BluegigaHandler] - Timeout has happened while sending a transaction, retry one more time: BlueGigaHelloCommand

Change log level or something?
I’ve tried to add in /var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg:

log4j2.logger.bt.name = com.zsmartsystems.bluetooth.bluegiga.BlueGigaSerialHandler
log4j2.logger.bt.level = INFO
log4j2.logger.bt_transport.name = org.sputnikdev.bluetooth.manager.transport.bluegiga.BluegigaHandler
log4j2.logger.bt_transport.level = INFO

It doesn’t work. Similar entry for ZWave is ok.

log4j2.logger.nodes_ZWave.name = org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveClimateControlScheduleCommandClass
log4j2.logger.nodes_ZWave.level = WARN

Good Afternoon

Do you know if this binding would be able to work with this.

I have one on order from china so its on a slow boat but would be intrested in trying to get something going.

That device looks good, but it won’t work out of the box. However, there is a change that device has a well defined/designed set of characteristics, so you may get away with setting the binding to create binary channels and use raw data. Otherwise, I will have to add support for it. I must say it looks good though, I may want to order one to play with, although I do not have much time to work on anything atm.

When/if you receive it, pls have a go and configure the binding to discover unknown/binary channels and post a screenshot please.

Thanks for your reply.

As I said I have one on order, I have no doubt that support will be about eventually as it seems to fill a whole (smart dimmer which has no requirement for neutral).
As soon as it arrives I’ll get it added and see where it takes me. Any help you might be able to provide will be great.
Would have been much nicer if they had gone with the normal ZigBee but I’ll take what I can get.

Hi can anyone recommend a good buy from ali?
i have already 3 that are not working as thay should

dont buy this one… after offline it will not become online until i press it…

Try NUT mini - nice looking and works quite well.

ordered two :slight_smile: thank you!

If you use standard bluetooth with TinyB invest in Bluegiga - much better stability.

When you say ‘works quite well’ do you mean in general or specifically with this 3rd party Bluetooth binding?

I’ve got my finger on the buy button for a very similar tag to the one a few posts above based on the OP with Elistooop / Dehyaton tag recommendation and the fact they only a few dollars…

However, if the nut mini is a better tag I’m happy to pay a little more and get it quicker. Then I can join the testing party…

I can confirm, nut tags are heaps better and work longer from a battery.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve ordered Parani-UD100 (damn expensive!) and Xiaomi Yeelight Dimmer with expedited shipment. Will do some performance tests for the dongle and try to add support for that dimmer (looks neat).

1 Like

sorry, but same question as to orzech, do you mean generally or specifically with this 3rd party binding?

I only ask as I get the idea from the thread that it’s a bit hit and miss with the tech to connect / work properly. Happy to punt a few $ from China but I will need at least 5 so £16 a time could get expensive…