A single device with multiple sensors creates multiple things in OH2 not one with multiple channels

I just setup my ConBee II on openhabian and installed the deCONZ binding. Afterwards I setup my first ZigBee sensor via Phoscon: Xiaomi Aqara WSDCGQ11LM. It has 3 sensors: temperature, humidity und pressure.

In openHAB it is not represented as one thing with many channels. Instead every sensor is created as separated thing. Is that intended? Could it be changed?

You can try creating the Thing in files with all channels listed within the thing.

I don’t use deCONZ binding but here’s an example using mqtt thing file:

Thing topic sonoff11 "Living Room Light" @ "Living Room" {
    Channels:
        Type switch : power       "Power"         [ stateTopic="stat/sonoff11/POWER", commandTopic="cmnd/sonoff11/POWER" ]
        Type number : temperature "Temperature"   [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff11/SENSOR", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.SI7021.Temperature" ]
        Type number : humidity    "Humidity"      [ stateTopic="tele/sonoff11/SENSOR", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.SI7021.Humidity" ]
    }
1 Like

How things show up is dependent on how some of the sensors are setup in deconz(by developer). The way you are seeing is how it is setup.and carried over through the binding i believe. I unfortunately dont have that exact sensor to confirm.

I can confirm that with all the sensors i do have they vary slightly between them.

Phoscan app shows just one sensor:

My guess, that is that the API of deconz or the binding does create multiple things.

Will try that, looks like a decent workaround.

I don’t think you’ll be able to arbitrarily configure Things that have a form or structure the binding doesn’t recognize.

1 Like

Might a feature request on the binding help? :slight_smile:

You can definitely input a feature request. All the developers can say is no.

What are you looking for again?

I had a moment to look at my system. The way the deconz binding sees a multi sensor is as 3 independent sensors.
So you have one thing for temp with multiple channels and humidity and pressure the same.
In the end the only difference is in the name of the channel. What is your use case that gives the need for all Chanel’s to be under one thing.

1 Like

My Hue motion sensor does the same thing. One thing for the motion sensor, one thing for the light sensor and one thing for the temperature sensor. I thought it was a little odd when I set it up but… who cares, it works

2 Likes