ABB/Busch-Jäger free@home - official REST api

Thanks, thats great!

Hi to all and to @Sleugner @kklausl @ML1982

I had some issue with the virtual devices in the last days therefore I come a bit later with the new version.

The idea to implement the keep-alive signal from the binding is currently not possible. The keep-alive signal is not working as specified in the f@h documentation. The maybe the best solution is to set the TTL to “-1”… if B-J is correcting the behaviour I would like to implement it, but now I have to put back to the backlog.

I had also problems with the COdetector and also with the FIREdetector, because both of them are undocumented. The other virtual sensors shall work, I tested all of them in my environment, however some of the virtual sensors are only producing some signal for the event generation and cannot be displayed on the dashboard

I changed the code in the DoorBuzzer it was a bug… hopefully working. If not @ML1982 please post the JSON file of your 7"touch panel or please give the data point pairing ID for the Buzzer datapoints.

I added a new channel to the RTC, @ML1982 as you requested, it will be added additionally for the RTC devices. I do not have this device therefore I would be great if you could make a test with the RTCs

I created code for the dimming actuator, to answer the request from @Sleugner. However with the status change looks for me a bit strange, in my environment the sensors are reporting their state.
maybe it is depending on my setup with the RF devices. Do you have wired or wireless sensors? if you still have issues, please come back to me.

I made a test with the set point temperature and tried to reproduce the error, which @ML1982 had, the binding is working with my thermostats properly, I checked with slider and stepper items, but the set point is handled correctly in both cases.

Below you can found the current binary, it would be great if you could make some tests in your environment, especially the switch/dimmer sensor values and RTC set point temperature

Thank you in advance…

if you give (hopefully positive) feedback I will transfer the changes to the official pull-request

have a nice evening…

thanks for all your effort - I really appreciate it! I will test the new release…!

@UhA Thanks!!

• the additional channel for the RTC works well
  • with the door buzzer i’ve still the initialisation error, I’ve posted some Screenshots and Details on github

Hello to all

I found the the bug in the Door Opener, which was not in the door opener but in the strange JSON content of touch panel. Some “null” pointer handling was missing, and this invalid configuration use-case is handled without error. Thanks to @ML1982 for the JSON output, which helped to find the root cause.

You can find some details to this in the issue.

The release can be found here. Now the door opener shall work correctly

have a nice day to All.

thanks a lot, the Door Buzzer works.

Nice… thank you the test.

Hello All

I made a last release from the Binding. thank you for the lots of support for @ML1982 @Sleugner @kklausl and some others also @LtLuckySau from Github.

Thank you everybody again.

If you still have some devices which are not supported just inform me here or on Github.

I know there are still some issues and I am working on them, some of them I cannot reproduce on my site, therefore it could take some time.

have a nice evening.

1 Like

Additionally to the binding I almost forget that I made some widgets especially for the free@home devices.

maybe you could use them

Thanks a lot.

Btw: i’ve just tested the Door and Window Sensors successfully.

Hello everyone, I am still quite inexperienced, but would like to control my Free@Home with my Pi 4.
OpenHab 3 is running!
The binding “org.openhab.binding.freeathomesystem-3.4.1-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar” is on my PI and a connection to the Free@Home system is shown as online.

However, I don’t see any Free@Home actuators in the inbox yet!
Did I forget something else or do something wrong?

Many greetings

Hi @TimP,

welcome in this thread.

The binding must be triggered to detect the items. Therefore you shall push the SCAN button on the top of the “add new things” screen, which you can find behind the “plus” button.

After the detection you will see the things which are connected to your free@home devices.

Any further configuration is not needed, the binding will do the further config.

after the things are added you can add your items.

1 Like

Hello @UhA ,
thank you very much for the welcome and the quick help!

I found it and it works!!!
If someone is still looking for it, in OpenHab 3 you have to go the following way:

1. Settings
  2. Things (click inbox at the bottom)
  3. Inbox (plus click at the bottom right)
  4. Select Busch Jäger Free@Home binding
  5. Click on Scan (top center)
1 Like

just for your info, I just installed 4.0 M2 and the binding works

The binding is installed and it works for existing things in Openhab 4.0 M2, but I’m not able to add new things. The binding is not listed any more in the “add thing menu”

Hi @ML1982,

Thank you for the test on the 4.0 M2
on the weekend I will have a look on it, why the binding is not listed.

just for Information, the other free@home binding has the same issue:

1 Like

@UhA do you have any ideas for a workaround?
The workaround with the developer sidebar and addThing (quick) doesn’t work because I can’t initiate a scan.

here is a workaround, just open this url:

https://192.168.188.30:8443/settings/things/add/freeathomesystem

I tried to install the binding on 4.0.3 - the following error occured after restart:

The XML document '/OH-INF/addon/addon.xml' in module 'org.openhab.binding.freeathomesystem' could not be parsed: 
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: 
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:74) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:148) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:141) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.move(AbstractPullReader.java:118) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader.java:103) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.<init>(StaxReader.java:45) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createStaxReader(StaxDriver.java:173) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:110) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1387) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1341) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.config.core.xml.util.XmlDocumentReader.readFromXML(XmlDocumentReader.java:105) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.config.core.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.parseDocuments(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:396) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.config.core.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:382) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.config.core.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:347) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Undeclared namespace prefix "addon"
 at [row,col,system-id]: [4,111,"bundleentry://320.fwk670153696/OH-INF/addon/addon.xml"]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:634) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:504) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.InputElementStack.resolveAndValidateElement(InputElementStack.java:503) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleStartElem(BasicStreamReader.java:3064) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleRootElem(BasicStreamReader.java:2194) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2174) ~[?:?]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1180) ~[?:?]
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:58) ~[?:?]
        ... 19 more

Any idea what the reason for this could be?