Access myopenHAB Config Files

Good afternoon,

is it possible to access the configurations files via myopenhab.org ? If not it would be a nice feature.
I know I could also use a VPN.

Kind regards,
Mark

I really doubt that would be available in the free cloud. They had to disable adding Items for IFTTT integration in the free cloud because people were adding everything, overloading & crashing the servers. The non-profit Foundation cannot sponsor a paid cloud service.
People are free to host their own private cloud since the code is freely available in GitHub.

1 Like

Again to the config files: The items and sitemaps have to be called anyway if you control them via the Basic UI for example. Then it is not so far away to configure them. But maybe my demands are too high…

Has it ever been thought about? @digitaldan @sihui

To IFTTT: Yes, I noticed the topic with IFTTT.
I find a compromise quite good, for example that you can only integrate 5 items into IFTTT.

Wrong call, I am a plain user like you are :grinning:

1 Like

myopenhab.org only provides access to the openHAB REST API. It does not proxy other services that it might be nice to have like IP camera video feeds, Grafana, access to the company prompt, the file system, etc.

Because it does proxy the REST API, any configuration that you do that way is accessible. But given the significant security risks, problems with the current load on the myopenhab.org servers, and there fact that there are many alternatives I can’t imagine this world ever be added.

You can file a feature request issue on GitHub (search to see if one already exists) but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

That’s not at all how it works. When OH starts up or you change a file OH loads it into memory. Then it never messes with the file at all. Making the actual files available some way would be something completely new.

If you want access to configurations over myopenhab.org, you need to do your configurations through the REST API (e.g. through PaperUI). If you configure using text files you need to access them through VPN, SSH, or some other remote file access mechanism.

2 Likes

The Nginx openHABian Service is a great solution for accessing the config of your openhab system :wink:

Wanted to setup today the NGINX Service but it fails…

In the Logs it isn’t anything written. It is the openhabian-config tool.
My DNS Domain: xxxxxxxxx.dyn.telefonica.de

Why does it not work???

Did someone had some Problems too with the Nginx openhabian Service? I think the Nginx Service can´t open a new port on my dns domain. I did´t see any of this issue on git.

Now after retrying a whole time it shows successful. But if you can see in the Screenshot it is not loading on the browser.

Can anyone help me?

My config:

server {
    listen  **1234**  default_server;
    listen [::]: **1234**  default_server;
    auth_basic “User and Password”;
    auth_basic_user_file /etc/nginx/.htpasswd;

```
      root /var/www/html;
      index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

server_name _;

location / {
      				try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
      				proxy_pass                            http://openhab:8080/;
      				proxy_set_header Host                 $http_host;
      				proxy_set_header X-Real-IP            $remote_addr;
      				proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For      $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
      				proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto    $scheme;
      			}
      }

Why not pick a valid port number?
By the way, this is not an Nginx support forum. You took a wrong turn.

the error file says “Please report this problem in the openHAB Community”

Because of this post [SOLVED] Openhab2 nginx config

There are no asterisks around the port number in that solution.

1 Like