Add channels from SEMS portal

I have OH 4.1.1 running on a raspberry Pi 3. I installed the SEMS binding, it works.
I can see what the solar plant is currently producing, but I cannot see the load or the surplus. Letter one is what I need to start or stop devices by rules (e.g. EV charger…)

In the SEMS portal I can see e.g. load (yellow) or surplus (orange). I tried to find a documentation about the SEMS API and how the channels are linked in openhab, in vain.

How can I add these channels to the thing? Does anyone have a solution to get the surplus from the solar plant (goodwe).

I don’t know this binding but in general most bindings support the Channels you see. So to add a Channel requires code changes to the binding. There are exceptions (e.g. Exec, MQTT, HTTP, etc.) where the Things and Channels are 100% defined by the end user.

If the docs for the binding do not say anything about adding channels to a Thing it likely doesn’t support that and, assuming that the API being used even provides this information in the first place, a developer will need to add that as a channel on the thing.

Thank you! I was hoping that I can use the connection the binding provides and at an item to that or get an interface to different items.
If or not the SEMS portal API supports other channels I did not figuring out, yet.
Anyhow, if there is no chance to add channels myself, I don’t need it.
Can I raise an official request to binding developer?

It’s always possible to open a feature request issue. How to file an Issue