Adding a device to the Z wave database

Hi,
@Chris
Might be a very noob question but i can not figure out how to add a new z wave device to the binding database.
It is about the Danalock universal module V3. The binding includes it but gives me an incomplete configuration.
I have the XML file with the data and all other info in it from this site:

kind regards,
J

You need to have an account on the database site - I’m not sure if you do? If you do, then you need increased access to allow editing and if I’ve not done this then please let me know your user name and I will update the access.

Once this is done, you should be able to create a new device.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

That is a fast response,
Thank you!

Is it possible that, with the info provided above, someone puts it in the database for me?
I am not confident that I can manage it. In the mean time I will create an account and learn…

Kind regards,
J.

Not with the information above. The XML file is needed, but not the one from this site (or let’s say, we can use that one, but also need the one created by OH when the device is added.

If you provide this, then myself or @sihui can at least create the initial entry as it’s just a case of uploading these two XML files. After that, some manual work might be required to make it look nice and resolve some formatting issues, but you can hopefully do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve created the database entry and you should have access to edit this. It would be great if you can upload the manual, and fix any formatting errors etc so that it can be approved.

If you have any questions, just ask here :slight_smile:

I am still a new to this, but will do my best :wink:

Just yell if you have any questions :sunglasses:

I uploaded the manual(s) and managed to correct the errors.
So, requested a review, not sure if all is clear and correct, so feel free to double check :blush:
Two questions:
Is it possible to edit de things in the database in XML directly or is it limited to the web editor?
If the thing is officially approved in the database, does the binding picks it up automatically?

j.

Possible yes, but not recommended. Only changes to the online database will have a benefit to all other users.

No, you need to wait until the changes got merged into the binding and then wait for a successful build of the next zwave snapshot binding.
Uninstall your current binding, drop the new jar into your addons folder, delete the Thing and re-add it.
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/

Auch, i am geting this error installing the latest SNAPSHOT.jar

Any ideas?

Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [191]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream; version=“[1.4.0,2.0.0)”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

2019-06-02 13:48:31.260 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [191]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.thoughtworks.xstream; version=“[1.4.0,2.0.0)”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

I don’t think the database changes are already in the binding, though.

I see the DB changes were just merged. But, as builds are broken ATM, I don’t know when the next version of the binding will be built.

Just testing… :slight_smile: for when the changes are there…
EDIT: the above solution (adding the missing org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar to the addons folder) works like a charm ! :+1:
I hope this is a temporary solution?