Adding Aeotec Siren6

There are 8 channels for different purposes. That multiplies the configuration options.

Wow, sounds like there is a lot of manual configuration you are having to do in the database? Is there any info I can help with gathering and/or assembling for you, Bruce?

Just going through the manual.
I need to figure out how to show the options for the first 22 parameters though because they are bit-based. I am guessing possibly tables in the overview and maybe some common option selections.
For now, I ignored them and started work on the other parameters.

The DSB09 is another Aeotec device that I had setup with a bunch of bitmask config params. There’s a thread around where Chris helped me out with them (I think it was another device).

1 Like

It may have been PM.
I did a search for you & DSB09 and only 1 post turned up where you say you use it. None for Chris
Perhaps I can glean some knowledge from your work there, though.

This looks like it…

1 Like

I will check it out later. That looks more promising.

Hi Bruce, thanks so much for your help getting this added into the database.

After it’s been added, I was wondering what I need to do in order to use it in openhab? Do I need to update to version 2.5.0 to take advantage of it? Or do I need to update some database/configuration locally? I am currently on 2.4.0.

OK, I do not recall what version you are currently running. If 2.4 or 2.5M1 there is a script that makes it pretty easy to update the binding, when it is available
These appear to be the current steps right now.

1. Chris updates the binding
  2. we update the devive listing
  3. Chris pushes to Github
  4. a new snapshot jar file is built
  5. You install the updated binding. The script will remove the old one.
  6. Delete & re-discover the Thing in OpenHAB.
  7. PROFIT !! :joy:
1 Like

Neat, thanks for the overview! I am on 2.4 currently.

HUMOR ALERT!

Other than OpenHAB zwave, zigbee, & HABmin I am not aware of any system that has a European Space engineer as the lead developer. Perhaps Smart Home IS rocket science? :wink:

Would that make z-wave & zigbee become rocket science? :smiley:

1 Like

Chris told me that when he started, he offered to coordinate with openzwave and they refused. Notice that for Siren 6 many of their configuration parameters just refer you to the manual to figure out a 4-byte value to configure as desired.
The system Chris designed tries to make it more guided & user friendly at the expense of initial manual configuration complexity for the database.

Chris is getting caught up at work after a week long business trip to the US from the UK.

I just noticed that the device page in the database is now approved! How can I make use of the updated database to try it out?

I know earlier @Bruce_Osborne mentioned getting a new snapshot jar - which jar is this I need to get?

accidentally requested approval. As far as I know we are still waiting on @chris to add to the binding so I can import the xml again. Aeotec uses a new class that the binding currently does not recognize, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Yes, this requires a new command class. I did make a start on it a couple of weeks back when my development environment wasn’t working, but I’ve not got 3 months of lost time to catch up on now that the IDE is mostly working for me.

2 Likes

Glad to hear its working.
PM me when you think I can try to import that again. When I went through a while ago I accidentally requested review.

Ah I see, no worries, thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hi
I am trying to use the ZW164 in 2.5 M5 but I am not getting any events when I push the door button. The thing is found and looks ok in paper UI where I added items for all channels.
Is this because the require command class is missing or is this a problem with my installation ?

I would guess so. The last I heard @chris was still working through several months of backlog due to issues with the new development environment.