Adding Homematic bridge from inbox on clean OH3 installation results in "Error during thing creation: Server Error"

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my fresh installation of openHAB 3.0.1 and the Homematic Binding.

I have installed the binding and a thing for the Homematic bridge appears in the things inbox (eQ3-HmIP-CCU3-App, homematic:bridge). However, if I want to add the bridge as a thing, openHAB just outputs the message “Error during thing creation: Server Error”. openHAB does not produce any log messages when the error occurs (log level for the Homematic binding is set to TRACE).

I am running the following configuration:

• openHAB Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
  • openHAB OS: openHABian 3.0.1 - Release Build
  • openHAB Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11.0.10 2021-01-19 LTS
  • Homematic: RaspberryMatic 3.47.22.20191130 connected to a Homematic LAN Gateway

In RaspberryMatic I enabled full access for Homematic XML-RPC API and Remote Homematic-Script API and I disabled authentication as stated in the Homematic add-on configuration guide found in Homematic - Bindings | openHAB. There is no firewall active on openHABian.

I tried debugging using the following commands in the openHAB console:

stop org.openhab.binding.homematic
log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.homematic
start org.openhab.binding.homematic

After the start command the following log messages are produced:

18:48:03.188 [DEBUG] [nternal.discovery.CcuDiscoveryService] - Starting Homematic CCU discovery scan
18:48:03.341 [TRACE] [nternal.discovery.CcuDiscoveryService] - Eq3UdpResponse: Eq3UdpResponse[deviceTypeId=eQ3-HmIP-CCU3-App,serialNumber=]
18:48:03.343 [DEBUG] [nternal.discovery.CcuDiscoveryService] - Discovered a CCU gateway with serial number ''
18:48:03.492 [TRACE] [nternal.discovery.CcuDiscoveryService] - Eq3UdpResponse: Eq3UdpResponse[deviceTypeId=eQ3-HM-LGW-App,serialNumber=KEQxxxxxxx]

I’d appreciate any help. I have no idea where to continue searching for the problem.

Kind regards,
David

Seems you are not using Zulu 11, so please change your Java version and try again.

I am already using Zulu 11, I just wasn’t precise enough in my initial post. I’m using the original unmodified openHABian distribution.

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ java --version
openjdk 11.0.10 2021-01-19 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.45+27-CA (build 11.0.10+9-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.45+27-CA (build 11.0.10+9-LTS, mixed mode)
1 Like

Did you also open the necessary ports in Raspberrymatic as described in the add-on documentation?