Adding "mappings" to an item in a group-item

Hey,

got an issue an i hope someone can help me. Basically I’m trying to realize a one-push-button with mappings. But there is one problem, I group all my items, so they don’t appear in my sitemap.

Here is are my item & sitemap-date

Item:

//---------------------------------
Group	 MeinZuhause_Home  "Mein Zuhause"  <house>
Group	MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss	"Erdgeschoss"	<groundfloor>	(MeinZuhause_Home)
Group	MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss_Buero	"Büro"	<desk>	(MeinZuhause_Home, MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss)
Switch MeinZuhause_Funktion_Beamerfunktion "Beamerfunktion"	(MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss_Buero) {lcn="[ON:myhome:KEYS.0.20.A3.MAKE]", expire="1s,command=OFF"} 

Sitemap

sitemap default label="Mein Zuhause"
{
	//Funktion
	Frame label="Funktionen"
	{
		Switch item=MeinZuhause_Funktion_Beamerfunktion label="Beamerfunktion" mappings=[ON="Ausführen"]
	}
	//Erdgeschoss Ebene
	Frame label="Erdgeschoss"
	{
		//Erdgeschossräume
		Group item=MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss_Buero label="Büro"
	}
}

Thats what it looks like:

When i click on the group-item “Büro”:

The plan is that i remove “Beamerfunktion” in the first picture. So that it is only avaiable when I click on the group “Büro”.

But when I do that, I don’t know how to add “mappings”. So that “Beamerfunktion”, when i open the group-item “Büro”, don’t looks like a Switch.

Hope i explained my issue well enough.

Somebody knows an answer?

Right now when you put “group” items in sitemaps and click on it, OH lists all group member with their default parameters (“mappings” is not a default, so without it).
You would need to explicitly model the hierarchy and list the group members you want to show up, then add mappings for that item, so it’s like

// Erdgeschoss Ebene
	{
		// Erdgeschossräume
		Group item=MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss_Buero label="Büro" {
                                Switch item=MeinZuhause_Funktion_Beamerfunktion label="Beamerfunktion" mappings=[ON="Ausführen"]
                 (all other group members you want to show up)
                 }
	}

Didn’t try, eventually you need to select a new (fresh) group name.

Thanks for your response. It would work but I try to avoid this setting, because later on the sitemap will contain more rooms and more Floors. And if I do I can’t ensure a nice overview. Later on it should look like this.

You see there are alot of floors and rooms with a lot of Items in there. And if i do it like you suggested i would lose that overview

Is there a way to change the default value for Items constantly? Just like in my following example

{

item=MeinZuhause_Funktion_Beamerfunktion label="Beamerfunktion" mappings=[ON="Ausführen"] //Change value of default constantly

//Erdgeschoss Ebene
	{
		//Erdgeschossräume
		Group item=MeinZuhause_Erdgeschoss_Buero label="Büro"
	}
}

if you create your sitemap “by hand” you wont lose your overview, you would create it

i dont like “group items” in my sitemap at all, because nothing gets sorted the way i like it - so you get a better overview by creating it yourself - but its a lot of more work to be done

1 Like

Yep. It’s extra work but it’ll do what you want it to, and you can decide for every group item if it’s worth that extra piece of work.

Thanks, like this. Not being able to sort group items has always bothered me. Will try it as well, thanks.

Well you’re right, I wouldn’t lose my overview. But I would get a really large GUI. That’s why I am trying to work with group-items.

No. You can create exactly the same GUI that you would be getting with the “automatic” group items, plus
you can reorder and parametrize group member items.
Groups still show up as a single entry you need to click on before its members are shown (on a new page).

you get the exact same (even better) results in the BasicUI - but u get a lot of more lines in the sitemap,
keep it clean and well sorted and all is fine…

check my Astro Sitemap - its all handmade, only “Datensatzgruppe Astro” (bottom 2nd screenshot) is a Group Item for all my “gAstro”-Data = unsorted

and this is the Group item, with exact same data, like you want to do it and lose your chance for mappings as well…