Adding Reolink API to the IpCamera binding, beta testers needed

I’m running IpCamera JAR version 4.0.0.202304180952 with Tellstick 4.0.0.M2.

If I add a thing manually, should there be a “Reolink” option? I don’t have one. My camera an openhab aren’t on the same subnet, so I can’t scan.

I don’t know about that version, but the Reolink enhancement PR has not been merged. Did you get that jar from @matt1 's post #63 in this chain?

I did. Jut for good measure, I did s again, so now I’m on 4.0.0.202304230002.

Still no Reolink thing, though.

That was my only shot. :frowning_face: Sorry EDIT: Seriously I always thought the binding date was when it was created, so I thought the date should reflect when the PR was created, not today’s date. Guess it doesn’t always work that way?

1 Like

Try the one I just built here which contains the multi camera fix for V4 and reolink and some other misc fixes. If this one does not work, then do a clean and clear of the cache and tmp folders:

Index of /openhab/IpCameraBinding/ (pcmus.com)

Thanks Matt. That works - I now have a Reolink thing.I didn’t need to clear the cache and tmp folders.

Ok. I have not added the camera yet. I am running OH 3.4.2 and the only (applicable) binding I have installed so far is the IP Camera binding.

Looks like I just need to install this JAR AND add the tellstick binding? Do I need to restart Karaf?

At that point, treat it as though this is production, and in theory (we hope) it should detect and be happy as all get out?

Note: I am using the Reolink RLC-410W. I’m assuming I do not have to have an NVR to use all this? (Although I may add one eventually).

If this works, I am likely (almost immediately) going to try adding a Reolink Duo Wifi (2K)

My advice if on 3.4.2 (And I notice elsewhere on the forum you have had IP issues) is to first just scan for the Reolink as an ONVIF thing and get it working. (small success) Based on the link my guess is that the linked jar will not work on a 3.4 system, but I’m not sure.

Thanks. When I go 4.x, I can always delete and recreate. Not a huge issue.

Related to beta testing bindings with dependencies I use the method outlined below and in the documentation Bundle Management | openHAB to update from a file. Basic steps are:

1. Place jar in openhab-sys folder (using SAMBA share) (one “above” addons) really /usr/share/openhab
    file location for update
    1A) Optional: find the installed jar (/var/lib/openhab/tmp/kar/openhab-addons-4.0.0.M2/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.ipcamera/4.0.0.M2) and copy it to the same directory (so you can quickly revert back if needed)
  2. Go into the openhab-cli console, find the ipcamera bundle (bundle:list) “259 in my case”
  3. Use bundle:update 259 file:///usr/share/openhab/org.openhab.binding.ipcamera-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT-reolink.jar (for example)

Since it is an update, all the dependencies remain from the originally installed binding
(read documentation for specific concerns, etc)

Of course this will not be needed once the PR is merged into the addons.

Edit: If you have a link to an online jar file, you can save time and steps with the other method in the bundle update documentation. For instance, using the location of the current ipcamera jar (#1056 -contains the multicamera fix, but not the reolink enhancements)
bundle:update 259 https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB-Addons/org.openhab.addons.bundles%24org.openhab.binding.ipcamera/ws/target/org.openhab.binding.ipcamera-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I didn’t have as much time as I hoped last night. But I couldn’t find the camera via scan.

Matt,

I have a Reolink RLC 410W. I have it up and running with Reolink app and web based app.

OH 3.4.2 IP Camera binding will not find it via scan. And that’s about as far as I got last night do to other distractions.

Will this new binding install/run in 3.4.2?
Just found part of my answer. There are separate 3.4 and 4.0 versions. Are there more than the initial “release” without looking through 93 responses here?

“Uninstall the merged binding”. Which merged binding?
Do I have to restart Karaf after dropping in the JAR and installing the tellstick binding?

Matt - you mention a couple days ago about no merge. If this is, more or less, copy the JAR, install the tellstick binding, I’ll go for it.

You could also try the manual ONVIF option since you now know the IP

I did that. But it said it couldn’t read the default picture location or something snd manually enter it. And didn’t have a clue!

Matt is probably the one to ask because it has been a long time, but I believe it is looking for the snapshot url. That is probably buried somewhere in the device manual. It looks like this;
http://192.168.0.126/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C&user=youruserid&password=yourpswd. Put in your IP, user (admin is default) and pswd. IIRC the wuuPhkmUCeI9WG7C is just random 16 numbers and letters (ok to reuse). The test is that should work in your browser.

EDIT: Read this post IP Camera: No Stream, no motion detection, but warnings in logfile - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

YES!

That was the message! I’ll give it a try.

Bob,
Thanks. That indeed got it to recognize the “Thing”. Still involved in non-hobby ( grrrr ) stuff so didn’t get MUCH further other than making a mess with items and location links.

I will have another go tonight. And… it APPEARS that there is a 3.4 version of the JAR for the Reolink stuff. Since (I think) I can simply mass copy my 3.4 directory as a backup, I may install the jar and the other binding and see what happens there too. I suspect that some of the API stuff will be a bit better behaved. Then again, Beta…

Matt - after sticking in the JAR and Tellstick, do I need to restart karaf? IF I get a chance I am going to try this tonight.

Is there anybody else who try to use this from files not openhab UI?
I installed this from openhab-cli console but I cannot see reolink when I check UI https://localhost:8443/settings/things/add/ipcamera
And I get error if I try to set it in a things file:
No ThingHandlerFactory found for thing ipcamera:reolink:c1pro

What did I do wrong?