Adding Samsung TV to sitemap

I’ve added the Samsung TV binding to my OpenHAB2 installation and have successfully got mute working by adding the following line to my sitemap using Eclipse SmartHome Designer:

Switch item=samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_mute label="Mute"

I can’t however get other items working such as channel and volume. I’ve tried adding the volume item but the item does not display when browsing the sitemap and Eclipse SmartHome Designer underlines Dimmer and shows the following line as having an error.

Dimmer item=samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_volume label="Volume"

Any advice on what I’m doing wrong would be helpful.

I’m not sure, but if you look here

http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/sitemaps.html#element-types

there is no Dimmer element in the sitemap. Maybe you should use a slider.

Thanks Yann. I was using the item type from the Samsung binding documentation and not the sitemap Element type. Both the slider and setpoint elements now work for volume:

Setpoint item=samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_volume label="Volume" icon="soundvolume"

I still can’t get the channel item working. This sitemap entry shows the setpoint control and the the channel number increasing/decreasing but the channel on the tv does not change:

Setpoint item=samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_channel label="Channel"

No problem. Maybe there is something with your item configuration. Could you post it too?

Hi, I have same problem with my Samsung TV.

Volume slider and Mute switch are working, but channel item is not working.

Anybody have solution?

Thanks

Hi Yann - the binding was added via PaperUI so there is no specific .items configuration file for this binding.

Hi

Setpoint item=<itemname> [label="<labelname>"] [icon="<iconname>"] minValue="<min value>" maxValue="<max value>" step="<step value>"

These are all configs for the setpoint element. Try something like:

Setpoint item=samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_channel label="Cannel" minValue=1 maxValue=100 step=1

Hi Yann - I’ve changed the configuration to the example as you’ve suggested without success. Here are the log files when i use the sitemap to change the channel

openhab.log
[ERROR] [rnal.service.RemoteControllerService] - Could not send command(s) to device on 10.1.1.22:55000: org.openhab.binding.samsungtv.internal.protocol.RemoteControllerException: Connection failed

events.log
[ItemStateChangedEvent ] - samsungtv_tv_1b2a66c1_ae28_42ae_b7b3_8df1a954cfa2_channel changed from 13 to 14

Hi syulandr,

I did a little research and if you have H series of Samsung TV this will not work. It seems that H series have different encrypted protocol and it’s not connection on 55000.

I looked everywhere but it seems there is no solution to this.

My Samsung TV model is UA55JU6400

Any updates on this… I’m getting the same error.

Samsung UN65KS8000 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV

same TV … same problem. Is there a setting on the tv that needs to be set to enable this?

I don’t believe there is anything that can be done. I’d suspect that given Samsung have their own HA ecosystem that they’d prefer not to make things work work with other HA environments.