Adding zigbee channels to access zigbee eurotronic thermostat

good day,

I am new here and the whole openhabian-thing. Therefore i have some questions i hope you have some answers for.
I want to add an Eurotronic ZigBee thermostat to my raspberry pi. This works and everything but only 5 channels show up:

• Occupied Cooling Setpoint
  • Unoccupied Heating Setpoint
  • Local Temperature
  • Occupied Heating Setpoint
  • System Mode

i want to accsess the “Current Temperature Setpoint” as shown in the installationguide(https://eurotronic.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Spirit_ZigBee_BDA_web_EN_2021.pdf). Can someone of you give a small explanation in how to do this? as simple as possible…

My config is:

• Raspberry Pi 4B
  • POPP ZigBee Stick
  • Eurotronic SPZB0001 Theromstat
  • openHAB ZigBee Binding

thank you in advance…

Welcome to the community.
I had the same problem and for me the solution was to delete and repair multiple times until all channels were detected correctly.
My connection is via zigbee2mqtt so I don’t know if your case is similar.
Tell my if it works. Otherwise you can try zigbee2mqtt. For a bigger ZigBee network I would recommend zigbee2mqtt because the transparency of the network is better and the list of supported hardware is huge. If you only have your thermostats the additional complexity should be avoided. But consider: When the openhab fever kicks in, these devices will miraculously multiply.
Have fun with openhab, Carsten

I guess here you refer to the network viewer - this in no way helps the operation of the system, and both the ZigBee binding and mqtt will work the same. The zigbee binding provides the same information, just not as nicely presented.

Just a word of caution -the zigbee binding doesn’t show a large list of supported hardware, but that’s because it is designed differently than zigbee2mqtt. The binding performs an “interview” of the devices to discover the functionality it supports, so any devices that stick to the standards should work well and will be supported.

Where the binding does fall down is support for the cheaper devices that tend to not follow the standards. Here it needs extra configuration and unless someone updates this, it may not be fully supported.

The advantage of this approach is that you don’t need to add definitions for a device in order for it to be used. This was a major lesson learnt from ZWave binding which also works in this way (ie requiring definitions) since the ability to dynamically add channels was not available in OH when the ZWave binding was written.

Please take a look at the binding source. You will find some “thing definitions” which is where device descriptions for non-standard devices are added. You should be able to find examples here where extra attributes are added.