Adding zwave PSE04 OUTDOOR SIREN Philio Technology

Dear,

I have my OHver2 installed on raspberry hardware. I decided to buy an external siren as sound alarm.
After some research I found an outdoor siren produced by Philio, the model is PSE04 product. I tried to add but this model is not supported and OH recognize as:

Z-Wave Node 027 (013C:0004:0084:1.3)

Unknown Device

and under proprierties:

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_AV_CONTROL_POINT
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_SOUND_SWITCH
zwave_deviceid 132
zwave_devicetype 4
zwave_frequent true
zwave_lastheal 2024-03-19T18:12:35Z
zwave_listening false
zwave_manufacturer 316
zwave_neighbours 1,2,7,8,9,16,17,18,19,23,25,26
zwave_nodeid 27
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_SLEEPING_LISTENING
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 1.3

How can I try to add this to my current installation?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Maria

The ZW device DB is “community” updated item. The blog explains the process. In a nutshell after you register, open a ticket to the developer for write access. Once you have that, upload the XML in your userdata/zwave folder (node27.xml). Then using your manual add the parameters, the documents and association groups and mark for review (on the overview page).

Assuming your reference is to OH2.x, you will not be able to use the updated binding when your changes are merged. Instead, use the gear icon to download the DB XML(different XML from what you uploaded) and use this procedure to modify your current OH2 binding.

Unsolicited advice: If you are going to be adding new devices, I’d seriously consider upgrading to OH4.1. If your OH installation isn’t too big, starting from scratch might be the easiest. Both the Rpi O/S and Java are going to be needed from four years ago.

Dear Bob,

Thank you so much for your wonderful help.

Maria