Addon.cfg load market binding?

I hope they will support it as now I have to run script for that :frowning:

The script runs well, I use that now

Might be wrong topic - I dont use addon.cfg only PaperUI - would there be a similar approach to install via paperUI binding installs? (even if its not reading a file)

You should install the Eclipse IoT Market addon (Paper UI > Addons > Misc). See here.

I have but i thought bindings still “disappear” on upgrade

They do 
 but that is not an error, it’s by design.

Yes I understand that - but am looking for an option as no matter I usually install the market bindings again after an update - if there was a scripted way id love it.

What I do is download the bindings from the upstream place (usually the maven repository of the successful builds) into my addons directory. Before starting openHAB, that is:

something like:

wget -q \
    -O <my-installation-directory>/addons/org.openhab.binding.darksky-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar \
    https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.darksky/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.darksky-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I have a few of those wgets in my startup script.

2 Likes

hello folks, I noticed I am getting this in my logs although it seems like the bindings are working. Any thoughts? I am using the script above.

2019-06-15 23:07:34.651 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-market:binding-3694484, openhab-binding-market:binding-3769218'
2019-06-15 23:08:34.864 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-market:binding-3694484, openhab-binding-market:binding-3769218'

I found that the market bindings are trying to get installed the regular way which doesn’t work. In order to use the script properly, I left the market bindings in the addons.cfg however, I commented them out as shown below. The script doesn’t care if the lines are commented when it parses through the data. It works as expected

This is how I have my addons.cfg file

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "sonos,knx,zwave")
binding =  astro, caldav-command1, caldav-personal1, chromecast, exec, expire1, gpstracker, harmonyhub, logreader, mqtt1, network, ntp, squeezebox, systeminfo, weather1

#Although commented, the below text will be picked up by a script to install market bindings on startup. 
# market:binding-3694484
# market:binding-3769218