Addon download fails suddenly

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Synology DS918+
    • Java Runtime Environment: 8
    • openHAB version: 3.0.1 (Docker)
  • Issue of the topic: Installing addons (bindings, automation addons etc.) stopped working a couple of days ago. Was working before. I installed several bindings via UI (no conf files involved). This is a fresh installation in Docker on a Synology NAS (no upgrade involved).
    openhab.log shows that the download is attempted every minute since I gave the install command. The error message does not say much to me:

Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.automation.groovyscripting/3.0.1

I don’t even know how to stop the download attempts. I saw similar error messages discussed here on the list, but they were always connected to upgrades from OH 2 to 3. This is not the case for me.

• If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

2021-04-28 20:05:50.418 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-irobot, openhab-binding-astro’: Error:
Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.automation.groovyscripting/3.0.1

openHAB 3 requires Java 11
Version 3.0.1 uses bintray for addons which will be sunset on May 1. 3.0.3 uses a different service.

I was wrong here. The host system (DSM) is running Java 8. But OH is running in a VM (Docker). OH is running under 11.0.10 (Zulu11.45+27-CA). Sorry for the mistake. I’m new to Docker (and OH).
Ok, the shutdown of bintray was new to me. This information made me find related threads here in the forum. As it seems, there is no other repository yet. So, is my only change to upgrade to 3.0.3? Only 3.0.2 seems to be available as a Docker image, and snapshots/milestones of 3.1.
What would you recommend?
(If this is really the reason for my problem (what exactly BTW? not up-to-date signatures on the server?), I wonder why not hundreds of users are facing the same issue right now).

Sorry I typoed. 3.0.2 is the current stable version.

Ok. I upgraded to 3.0.2. Now everything is working. Thank you very much.

1 Like