Aeon Labs Multisensor 6in1 config

My log is huge. It is a nightmare to filter that.

However, I think it is not necessary to look there.
I have finally figured out what happens.
The Contact item was not the problem.

In the last configuration a I have, I get an ALARM mesage when there is PIR motion and also when there is vibration.
The report is the same and I cannot distinguish between the two.
I have a very very short PIR time (because I use the device with mains power), so I was confusing them.

Therefore, the vibration notification works (sort of…).
However, this is not what I need…

I need to be able to get a notification that is sent ONLYwhen there is a vibration.

If someone has successfully used the tamper detection but SEPARATED from the PIR, I’ll test it.

I am still wondering why Aeon Labs support said this:

“The alarm type should have an id number of 0x07 under the notification cc.”

Which one is the NOTIFICATION cc???

It shoudn’t be this hard…

As I mentioned earlier they are definitely separate and both working on my end.

Can you post your items config?

The “command=alarm,alarm_type=0” configuration works for me if I set the trigger of my rule with “received update”. (The device always sends CLOSED) But the sensor seams to be very sensitive. Somtimes the alert gets triggered when no one was near the sensor. Is it possible to ajust the sensitivity of this sensor?

Take a look in your manual or see parameter 4 on this page.

Parameter 4 is used to set the sensitivity of the motion sensor, but I want to adjust the sensitivity of the tamper/vibration sensor.

I looked (briefly) and couldn’t find a way to alter the sensitivity. In the end I just stopped binding to the tamper detection unfortunately.

Sorry, was not obvious to me.

I’ve watched the behaviour of the alarm sensor a bit more and I think the problem is that the Multisensor also sends an alarm command if the motion sensor sends OPEN and also if it sends CLOSE. Is there any way to change the sensor to only send alarm commands when the device is moved?

Looking through the engineering doc, the tamper intensity does not appear to be a configurable parameter. Parameter 5 specifies what to send when there is motion. You could try to change it to the alternate setting and change the config to match. Not sure if that will cause alarm to not be triggered or not though. I just picked up one of these devices to learn from.

Param 5:

Which command would be sent when the motion sensor triggered.

1. Value=1, send Basic Set CC.
  2. Value=2, send Sensor Binary Report CC.

default is 1

I’ve tried to set param 5 to Sensor Binary Report CC, but the parameter doesn’t seam to be added to the wake up queue. I’ve enabled a trace log and the wakeup queue is always zero when I set this value in habmin. Also when i switch o another device and then back to the multisensor the value is set back to Basic Set CC and no “update pending” Is there maybe an error in the zwave plugin when setting this parameter?