Aeon Labs MultiSensor Gen 5 - Garage Door? What?

I have 3 working multisensors. I just got 2 more…gen 5.
The old ones report in as:
Base Device Class Routing_Slave
Generic Device Class Binary_Sensor
Specific Device Class Routing_Sensor_Binary
Version 3

Base Device Class Routing_Slave
Generic Device Class Garage_Dor
Specific Device Class SIMPLE_GARAGE_DOOR
Version 4

The result, I can’t get the motion to work on the new ones. Any ideas? Why is it reporting something different in openhab under the information node? Would this cause my problem?

Thanks

It’s just a naming issue - it’s not a problem and it doesn’t impact how the binding works with the sensor.

Thanks Chris…as I’m reading this, I can get one of them to report motion now…thoughts on why the other one wouldn’t report it? Any tips to troubleshooting something like this?

Thanks

Somethings up with these new sensors; i see this in the log:

NODE 27: Unsupported command class ZWAVE_PLUS_INFO
2016-09-20 22:01:13.461 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
2016-09-20 22:01:13.462 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class POWERLEVEL
2016-09-20 22:01:13.465 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class SECURITY
2016-09-20 22:01:13.466 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
2016-09-20 22:01:13.498 [WARN ] [b.z.i.p.s.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 27: Already processed another send data request for this callback Id, ignoring.
2016-09-20 22:01:13.668 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class ZWAVE_PLUS_INFO
2016-09-20 22:01:13.669 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class ASSOCIATION_GROUP_INFO
2016-09-20 22:01:13.670 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class POWERLEVEL
2016-09-20 22:01:13.673 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class SECURITY
2016-09-20 22:01:13.674 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 27: Unsupported command class FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD

If i use openzwave to look, the old sensors are Routing_Binary Sensor as well and the new ones are listed as Notification_Sensor. I’m no expert, but perhaps this is why i am having trouble…this new version of these things is not standard?

These aren’t working; i currently use SENSOR_BINARY for the item in openhab.
I also see something now about SENSOR_BINARY V1 on their documentation now.
Is this supported?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/6009584696/original/8%20MultiSensor%20Gen5.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6DA%2F20160921%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20160921T040745Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=92ae26a161f2a25191ba2b00c139128e8550153bd8620aea96e42c06952e41a8&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=Host&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf

In openzwave i can see them switching to ON; when i use them in openhab…nothing. I got 3 that work…these two for some reason i just got…somethings different…starting with the version being reported 3 vs 4 i gotta believe its that…and it’s something thats now unsupported in openhab with the gen5s

No - that’s ‘ok’. It’s just saying that some of these command classes aren’t supported by the binding. It’s not a problem that should stop the sensor working - at least not directly.

I would recommend to enable debug logging - that will give you an idea of what is happening. You can view the log with the viewer here (http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/zwave-log-viewer).

As I said above, this is just a naming issue - nothing more. The device class is not used for much within the binding - it selects a few default command classes which normally aren’t needed as command classes are normally reported in the NIF. The name itself is not used in the binding so you can call it anything when it’s printed.

SENSOR_BINARY_V1 is the same as SENSOR_BINARY - yes, it’s supported. You might need to change some configuration in the device to make it use this class instead of the NOTIFICATION class - I don’t know and you should check the manual.

This is a sensor, so if the device doesn’t send anything to OH, then there’s nothing that OH can show. I would be quite surprised if OZW receives something though, and OH doesn’t - do you have debug logging enabled in OH as you probably won’t show anything in the log if you don’t enable the logging.

Ok, after 26 emails with Aeotech i have it working.
Here is the deal.
There are two sensors before that Gen6 that look exactly alike for the 4 in 1:
DSB05 (Multisensor 4 in 1)
ZW074 (Multisensor 4 in 1 Gen5)

The newer one, looks like the older one, but has updated command classes and sends different stuff by default.
I had to download a zensys tool
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000124809-configuring-parameter-settings-with-zensys-tool
and use this instructions to do the following:

Select the node:
Command Class = COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V1
Command Name = CONFIGURATION_SET

Set the following and send:
Parameter 05
Size 01
Value 02

If it doesn’t send and queues up, wake the sensor holding it for 6 seconds
If that doesnt send, retry process again.

Working in openhab after doing all of this.

The tool is a windows tool, so i have to move my controller back and forth between windows and linux.

It sounds like this is to change the NOTIFICATION class to probably use the older SENSOR class. Note that you can change these settings directly in OH, and OH2 will support the new class directly.

At least it’s working for you :slight_smile:

Really, where in OH could I have done that? LOL Oh man, i spent all day back and forth and a solid 2 hours with support this evening working through it all.HA

HABmin gives you the ability to configure the device parameters. When you select the device you should see all the parameters and association groups etc that may be configured. This will allow this configuration to be done directly through the binding.

Looks like openhab doesn’t display those parameters; parameter 5 is missing from the listing.

Ok - then I guess someone should update the database ;).

LOL are you winking like “I should do it” LOL i have no idea what that entails…i know enough about this to just be shy of setting fire to my house LOL. Nor am i an engineer…some engineer at work got me hooked on home automation via openhab so i just toil adding these things to my network and writing very basic automation scripts with what he taught me.

I’m forever hopeful :slight_smile: .

Is the device ZW062?

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/256

The manual here doesn’t have parameter 5, so I guess it’s added in a newer version (like you said, there are a few versions) so I need to find the manual for the newer version…

AEOZw074