Aeon RGBW Bulbs

I’ve see a few comments, but got myself confused along the way in trying to learn if it is supported or not.

I picked up an Aeon RGBW zwave light this week, and was able to pair to my ZWave Stick, and habmin shows it paired successfully as well.

I can control the on/off and dimming of the light, but have not been able to get it change color.

If someone has either Aeon or Zipato RGBW bulbs, can you share show you set it up?

I’m open to moving up to OH2 now if necessary. My home is still an ‘experiment’ as well with only a handful of lights at this point.

The color command class is not currently supported so it’s not currently possible to set the colors. This will be available in OH2 when the binding is released…

ok, thanks for the fast response too.

As I continue to learn here. Which binding will control that that? Will that be the zwave binding or something else?

Maybe I’ll start my upgrade or add another VM at home and start playing with OH2 to get more familiar with it.

I really like the Imperihab binding as well, so hopefully that makes it or is compatible in OH2.

The zwave binding will control the zwave devices… The zwave command classes are implemented in this binding.

Thanks again.

I just didn’t know if the color command class was part of that or not…

I know you probably hate this question but, … any guess on a timeline? A month, 6 months, a year? nothing concrete. Just curious to maybe look and test somethings out.

It is mostly complete - so in the weeks to a month or so range (I hope!).

Has there been any movement on the Color command in the OH2 ZWave binding?

I’m sure more than just a few of us are interested in this feature.

And willing to be testers.

Regards,

T

Yes - it is included in the OH2 binding. Currently I’ve only tested it on a Zipato bulb so any feedback on how it’s working on other bulbs would be useful.

I successfully added an Aeon bulb into OH2 the other day, but that is far as I got. I hope to try and actually do something with it this weekend.

I also found this bulb to be extremely annoying to remove from my existing zwave network. Simply trying to reset the bulb did not want to work. I had to both remove it from my existing controller as well before I could get it to reset.

@ptmuldoon, what did you add it as? A standard Dimmer, or a true Color item?

I am current to the 2.0 Beta build, but Color is not working for me.

I have 4 Aeon ZW098 LED Bulbs in my configuration, but cannot control them as color items, only as a Dimmer. I see the Aeon bulb listed in the Paper Thing bindings list, however I cannot manually add them. Which could be my problem.

The following works to use them as White Dimmer bulbs.

Dimmer Bulb_Kitchen "Kitchen Light" <light> (Kitchen_Lights,gBedtime,gLights) { zwave="7:command=SWITCH_MULTILEVEL,respond_to_basic=true" }

I’ve tried without the command, which seems to make the bulb less happy, complaining about no preferred command class, yada yada.

Does anybody have ITEM or RULES they would share if these bulbs are now fully supported in OH2 (which I doubt)? There are just not a lot of info on how to configure these.

When switching to a COLOR item, I get the following errors.

08:28:37.638 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'Bulb_Kitchen' received command 0.0,0.0,100.0
08:28:37.639 [WARN ] [erter.ZWaveMultiLevelSwitchConverter] - NODE 7: No converter found for item = Bulb_Kitchen, endpoint = 0, ignoring command.
08:28:39.259 [WARN ] [erter.ZWaveMultiLevelSwitchConverter] - NODE 7: No converter found for item = Bulb_Kitchen, endpoint = 0, ignoring command.
08:28:39.259 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'Bulb_Kitchen' received command 332.0,100.0,100.0
08:28:39.274 [INFO ] [ome.event.GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - Kitchen_Lights changed from 0.0,0.0,100.0 to 332.0,100.0,100.0 through Bulb_Kitchen
08:28:39.279 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Bulb_Kitchen changed from 0.0,0.0,100.0 to 332.0,100.0,100.0

You should use the standard item types that are suggested in the UI - otherwise it probably won’t work as they need to link appropriately to the channels in the binding. There are 3 channels defined - Color, Color Temperature, and Dimmer.

I just had a chance to experiment and i’m struggling as well to control it as well.

I added a Dimmer and Color items as well as the following to my sitemap, but can’t seem to control it

Items File:
> Dimmer AeonDimmer “Aeon Dimmer” {channel=“zwave:zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_152e7051102_node7_switch_dimmer”}

Color AeonColor                 "Aeon Bulb"         <slider>      {channel="zwave:zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_152e7051102_node7_color_color"}

and in the SiteMap
> Slider item=AeonDimmer

Colorpicker item=AeonColor icon="slider"

I guess a log is the next thing I will need to see… Does the dimmer work, or nothing at all?

Yes, I did get the dimmer to work.

If it matters, I’m testing currently on a Windows machine with ZME-UZB1 connected to. When I dim the light, I can see the USB stick lighting up sending the command. But when I change the color, I see nothing on the stick.

I can delete the existing log, and restart OH2 and then send some commands and post the results in bit… Gotta get the kids to bed first :slightly_smiling:

It would be good if you can - from what I’ve seen different devices might use the COLOR class slightly differently… All I know is it works nicely on the Zipato bulb :wink:

I did just find an error in the database that won’t help so I’ve just merged an update - give it a try when the next build comes out (hopefully) in an hour or three… I have some hope that there will be a change…

No hurry - I won’t be doing anything more tonight…

This is what I found in the log. Not sure if will help to much or not.

2016-02-26 20:23:30.495 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_152e7051102_serial_sof changed from 152 to 153
2016-02-26 20:23:36.167 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_152e7051102_node7_color_color' received command 315,60,67
2016-02-26 20:23:36.168 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: No messages returned from converter
2016-02-26 20:23:36.169 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_152e7051102_node7_color_color changed from 320,64,67 to 315,60,67
2016-02-26 20:23:36.462 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_152e7051102_node7_color_color' received command 97,35,67
2016-02-26 20:23:36.463 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 7: No messages returned from converter

I should hopefully be up and around for a bit, and will look for the next update. But may not be till tomorrow until I can post back again.

Since I updated the parameters for the color channel, I think you’ll need to delete the thing and add it back in so that it picks up the new configuration - otherwise nothing will change following the change I made on Friday…

Just closing the loop in this thread - this has been confirmed as working…

(thanks @bhuism)

@bhuism

Did you test with a command, or just through a sitemap Color Picker (which works for me)?

I’m having a difficult time writing a rule to change the Color. I’ve posted this question in the Rules area.

I am using a color picker in the sitemap, color does work for like this:

sendCommand(zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_1532eca0da2_node8_color_color, HSBType::BLUE)
sendCommand(zwave_aeon_zw098_00_000_1532eca0da2_node8_switch_dimmer, ON)

succes!