[SOLVED] Aeotec Multicolor Bulb 6

@chris

I think I missed something when adding this device to the database.

From the technical manual:

4.4Switch Color Set Command Class

Priority       | Capability ID | Color
1(Highest)     |       0       | Warm White
2              |       1       | Cold White
3              |       2       | Red
4              |       3       | Green
5(Lowest)      |       4       | Blue

Note: White color LED and RGB LED will not light up at the same time, so the software makes the following processing. When you want to activate the current RGB color, the color value of higher priority should be set to 0.For example: The warm white is the highest priority, when it is configured to 0, the Cold white or RGB color configuration values can be activated. Otherwise, the bulb is always be activated by warm white.

And from the Users Guide:

LED Bulb 6 uses SWITCH COLOR Command Class to allow you to change between Warm White, Cold White, or a

mixture of RGB colors. Warm White takes the highest priority and will default to this setting on factory reset values

Apparently I left out a command switch somewhere. In reading this - and I am probably getting this wrong - to change the to a color other than “Warm White” I need to set this property to 1 “Cold White” Then I can set a color. using RGB.

Currently I can change the color of the bulb but it always changes back immediately.
(from my log file)

2018-12-05 19:17:37.831 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Light_Office_Color' received command 120,100,39
2018-12-05 19:17:37.840 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Light_Office_Color predicted to become 120,100,39
2018-12-05 19:17:37.849 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Light_Office_Color changed from NULL to 120,100,39
2018-12-05 19:17:38.161 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Light_Office_Color changed from 120,100,39 to 0,100,100

Thoughts on what I’ve done wrong and how I can fix it?

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

I’m not really sure what your point is here. The binding supports the color command class - you don’t generally have to worry about it as it’s handled by the binding.

Can you provide a log please.

After I wrote this I spent another 90 min searching and I think I understand what you are saying. I think my biggest problem is that I can’t find any examples to go on. SO I’m cobbling things together from all over the place and so far all I can really do is turn it on and off. :slight_smile:

Sorry to have bothered you on this. The problem is not as I thought it was.

=C=

On second thought, here’s the log.node_31.log (58.6 KB)

To generate this log, I turned on DEBUG logging for zwave. Then I went into Paper UI and tried to change the Color Temperature from it’s current setting of 0 (Warm White I believe) to Cold White. I did this by sliding the slider all the way to the right.

It immediately slid back to the left. The bulb itself did not change at all.

This is true for the Color Control slider and the Saturation slider as well.

Brightness will allow me to change the brightness of the bulb, and the switch will allow me to turn it on and off.

I know it has to be something I am doing wrong. If you can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
=C=

One more piece of the puzzle. Here is my Items and my test rule to change the bulb to Green

Items:

Color Light_Office_Color "Office Light One Color Color" <switch> (allLights, officeLights)
{
  channel="zwave:device:512:node31:color_color"
}

Dimmer Light_Office_One_White "Office Light One White"
{
  channel="zwave:device:512:node31:color_temperature"
}

Rule:

rule "Test Rule"
when
	Item Rule_Trigger received command
then
  var filename='default.rules'
  logInfo(filename,"Firing Test_Trigger rule " + receivedCommand.toString)
  var HSBType hsb = HSBType.fromRGB(0, 100, 0)
  Light_Office_One_White.postUpdate(100) // turn to cold white so the RGB LED will be used.
  Light_Office_Color.sendCommand(hsb) // Set color to green
  logInfo("LIGHTS",Light_Office_One_White.state.toString)
  logInfo("LIGHTS",Light_Office_Color.state.toString)
end

If it helps, Paper UI shows the changes and then they snap back to their original positions.

=C=

There is an error in the database - the color_color channel should have some information configured -:

Can you have a quick look at this and compare it to the older bulb - there should be a mode=RGB or something like that added to the Config box.

@chris

Happy to. Where am I looking? On Paper UI? HABMin or the Database entry?

I think here: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/949

1 Like

Yup YUP!

Thanks. I have added

colorMode=RGB

I checked color_temperature and it is the same as the older device.

Anything else I should look for?

=C=

2 Likes

Thanks - I will try and get that into the binding tonight, but it might be tomorrow

Sorry for intruding as this is obviously a question unrelated to the issue, but @calevans could you share how you are trying to send white? I have the older bulb (ZW098), and I’m a bit of a newb and cannot get a good white. I would prefer a warm white, but I’m not picky I just want something that more closely resembles white and maybe stops the bulb from making the buzzing hum it’s giving off on this violet color.

My last attempt was to send HSBType.fromRGB(255,255,255) and it always shows up as a light violet color which shows up as 0,0,100 in the logs. I’ve tried HSBType::WHITE and new HSBType(new DecimalType(0), new PercentType(0), new PercentType(100)), and they all end up the same 0,0,100 light violet.

Red looks good though: HSBType.fromRGB(255,0,0)

This bulb actually has 2 LEDs in it, Warm White and RGB. I am currently sending the color_temperature setting a 100 to move it to Cold White.

Light_Office_One_White.postUpdate(100)

Won’t know if that works till the DB is updated.

=C=

1 Like

Oh, I see, thanks! The two LED seems like a better choice!

1 Like

IT WORKS! :slight_smile:
Thank you @chris!

Now sure how to mark a thread as Solved but this one can be marked as such.

=C=

2 Likes

Check the bottom of the post. There’ll be a checkbox to select it as solving the issue.

1 Like

Dear Cal,
I got myself a Aeotec Multicolor Bulb 6. I added it succesfully to my OpenHab.
I can control the thing with Paper-UI. Now I would like to add this bulb to my automation. Unfortionatly I can’t get it to function. What I would like is use the lamp in different brightnesses. In Paper UI I can slight the Color Temperature, this makes the bulb to switch to “warm white” at a certain brightness.

Can yo give me some tips how to program this.
myitems.items:
// ZWA002 Bulb 6 Multi-Color
Color Bow_Lamp_Color “Bow Lamp One Color Color” (allLights, officeLights) { channel=“zwave:device:255:node29:color_color” }
Dimmer Bow_Lamp_Color_Temperature “Bow Lamp Color Temperature” { channel=“zwave:device:255:node29:color_temperature” }
Dimmer Bow_Lamp_Dimmer “Bow Lamp Dimmer” { channel=“zwave:device:255:node29:switch_dimmer” }
Switch BoogLamp_15 “BoogLamp” (LightingScenes) [“Switchable”]
Switch BoogLamp_90 “BoogLamp” (LightingScenes) [“Switchable”]

myitems.rules:

// Goal I have is to set get the lamp to glow softly (15%)
// Later I will update the script to get higher light intensities
rule “BoogLamp 15”
when
Item BoogLamp_15 received command ON
then
var filename=‘default.rules’
logInfo(filename,"Firing Test_Trigger rule " + receivedCommand.toString)
var HSBType hsb = HSBType.fromRGB(60,30,32)
Bow_Lamp_Color.sendCommand(hsb) // Set color
Bow_Lamp_Dimmer.postUpdate(90)
Bow_Lamp_Color_Temperature.postUpdate(15) // turn to cold white so the RGB LED will be used.
end