Aeotec Nano Shutter configuration problems

My item is linked to a blinds_control channel (Fibaro), maybe my solution does not work for a switch_dimmer channel.

that may very well be the case.
so I need someone, who got it to work with the AEOTEC Nano Shutter.
Strange, that the AEOTEC shutter only supports a Dimmer channel …

Any update on this? I have one Aeotec Shutter running currently here in combination with a Feller switch. So far so good, but the intermediate positions also don’t work…

Hi there

I’m interested in this topic as well. I do have the exactly same installation as wolkenjaeger: an Aeotec Nano Shutter in combination with a Feller EDIZIOdue switch. UP, DOWN and STOP work with the Feller switch but no luck with the software…

Btw: Is there a solution to represent the Aeotec Nano Shutter as a rollershutter on the sitemap? I wasn’t able getting this to work. All I have is a dimmer. This part of the question isn’t for the function, it’s only for aesthetic reasons though.

Thanks for any input on this!

The channel probably should not be switch_dimmer, but blinds_control instead.

@sihui - feel free to update. Since I don’t have any blinds, I’m a bit hesitant to change as I’m not completely sure of the impact in the UI etc, but you probably know? Changing it to the blinds channel will give you the up/down controls though.

The switch_dimmer channel on a rollershutter device always causes trouble in the UI because there is no chance to get a STOP command and no UP/DOWN either.

Wouldn’t this be a usecase for the “deprecated” flag on the switch_dimmer channel, @chris ? This way users using the old channel have a chance to switch to the new channel without needing to ask in the forum why their device is not working anymore :grinning:

Good question… I’m not sure if it will cause problems with the exporter with channel naming - possibly it’s ok I think, but if you want to add the new channel, and mark the old one as deprecated, then I’ll have a quick look at the XML before we export it.

I agree though - if it works without too much trouble, then yes, it’s exactly the use case :slight_smile:

Done

Thanks - it looks ok and I don’t think will cause any problems.

1 Like

I’m planning on purchasing the Aeotec nano shutter.

If I understand correctly, the Z-wave binding changed the switch_dimmer to blinds_control channel. Is this available in 2.4 or should I update to 2.5 snapshot?

And with the blinds_control it is now possible to open/close the shutters at a specified percentage?

I have a number of Aeotec Nano Shutters implemented (got rid of the Fibaro FGR-223)
I am using the 2.5 snapshot zwave binding (version from april 26). It uses the blinds_control channel and works fine … with one exception:
moving it to specific percentages via a mapping in the sitemap does not work.
i.e.

mappings=[25="25", 50="50" , 75="75"]

… does not work.
I really do not have a use-case for this at this point in time, so no big deal for me.

Strange enough though … this mapping

mappings=[0="AUF", 100="ZU"]

does work.

To me, it looks like every percentage value greater than 0 is interpreted as 100 by the Nano Shutter.

That’s the same problem as OP had with the switch_dimmer.

Use case for me would be to close the blinds partially to block the heat but still let some light in. Summer is coming!

Maybe @chris or @sihui can elaborate?

What happens if you do send a command in a rule?

YourRollershutterItem.sendCommand(50)

2.5 snapshot

1 Like

Has it been calibrated, or does it require calibration?

I don’t have them yet, just collection some information to see if I want this switch or another brand.

Do you know this @ffr?

It does not require calibration. there is a parameter 35 (Time for left to right, or up to down) that you need to set.

I just tested the rule-case:

rule "test 2"
when
    Item Test changed to ON
then
    BS_Fitness_Room_Shutter.sendCommand(5)

end

Executing this rule with the blinds completely open closes them to 100%.
Executing this rule with the blinds completely closed does nothing.

Then it is time for debug logs.

@sihui
I am not a fan of posting logs with secure devices in the public forum. You will get a message.

From my limited knowledge I guess the switch_dimmer needs to be removed completely from the database:

It looks like the Switch_Multilevel command class is updated through both channels. switch_dimmer and blinds_control.
But I’m not sure …