Aeotec RGBW Bulb 6 - help with rules / sitemap

I’ve migrated to Openhab ZWave controller and trying to figure out how to config this bulb to my liking. Spent almost a week reading other threads but still confused.

Basically what I need is ability to switch between Cold White / Warm White and RGB mode, control brightness in all three modes and color in RGB mode. I have all 3 channels configured and controls in sitemap, it seems like they all somehow interconnected and changing one will change the other.

Temperature channel will never stay on, after a second it will jump back to 0.
Brightness channel is even more mysterious as it is alway jumping a little bit back when you turn it on and when you set it to 0 jumping to something like 9 or 10, bulb stays off however and log has this entry:

NODE 13: Received COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL V2 SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_REPORT
NODE 13: Switch Multi Level report, value = 9
NODE 13: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveCommandClassValueEvent
NODE 13: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, value=9
NODE 13: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node13:switch_dimmer to 9 [PercentType]
NODE 13: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node13:color_color to 9 [PercentType]

If needed I can provide my items and debug logs however at the moment I’m more interested in some explanations of this behaviour and examples of setup.

Hope somebody can help, thanks!

The jumping has probably to do with autoupdate.
Try autoupdate=false to see if it still shows the same behavior.

Edit:
The Jumping would be 0 -> 100 -> 34% or something like that

This one has to do with command poll period. After sending a command, binding polls device for status. If poll is too quick, device has not yet got to 0 brightness. You can alter this period.

1 Like

Bingo! That was it. Thanks a lot!