Aeotec Wallmote Quad rules paper ui

Hi,

I’ve an Aeotec Wallmote Quad switch and various “Fibaro Double Switch 2” switches. I’m trying to configure theses switches with the Wallmote but can’t get it to work using the paper GUI.

I can see in the event log the change of scenes but can’t get the switch to go on or of… not directly of via rules…

do any of you have any tips on this?

Here is the version I’m running on my Pi:

Linux openHABianPi 4.19.57-v7+ #1244 SMP Thu Jul 4 18:45:25 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

openHAB 2.4.0-1 (Release Build)

I’ve not had any success using the Wallmote Quad to trigger other devices directly. There’s a post about it somewhere on this forum.

However, it works using a rule. Could you post the rule that’s not working (please use code fences when posting rules)?

Also, take a look at my post here, which shows the type of rule I use with this device.

This is my trigger from paper gui … I’ve no idea where openhanded stores the rules on the file system … I’ve looked in home, /var/lib/openhab2 and /etc/openhab2 but could not find them…

Ah, it’s a rule in Paper UI. I’ve not used those (I use just .rules files).

Is it possible to change the trigger to received update instead of received command*? Also, change the value to the form n.m (for example, 1.0). See my linked post above for other values.

And to add to this point, if you watch your events.log file it will also report what value was pressed/sent in…which is sometimes helpful in telling “others” in the house to not press the BUTTON for such a long time as the desired outcome is not obtained. Granted you won’t win any fights, just better sleep on knowing why it didn’t work correctly. :wink:

True, but with one qualification… If the state doesn’t change (e.g. you keep doing a button 1 short press), it won’t appear in events.log unless you change this in the logging config.

log4j2.logger.smarthomeItemStateEvent.name = smarthome.event.ItemStateEvent
log4j2.logger.smarthomeItemStateEvent.level = ERROR

received update did the trick!! thanks all

1 Like

Good point! But when the other adult is spamming one of the buttons and spamming the event log I just need the one entry to attempt to correct the behaviour. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like