Aeotec Z-Pi 7 vs RaZberry 7

We definitely haven’t talked about Aeotec very much, but it was still your original question. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, but you can edit the topic title.

Please could you share the controller xml from user z-wave folder. Normally node 1.

Cheers,

Robert

Yes, for sure… I´ll provide two xml: node_1 = RazBerry7 Pro (Z-Wave Shield for Raspberry Pi) and node_5 = devolo radiator control (identical in design to Danfoss Living Connect Z Wave Thermostat).

…maybe it helps…
Cheers, Nick

network_fa46e3e8__node_1.xml (1.8 KB)
network_fa46e3e8__node_5.xml (7.8 KB)

Many thanks.

So it appears that z-wave.me has compiled a PC controller firmware or Silicon labs have provided one for them.

a 7.16.01.02 (2021-12-08) was not distributed by silicon labs so I think it is a build they have done. It sounds promising.

I looked at why the initialisation was looping. I think the issue is that both Fibaro FGWPB-121 wall plug and UZB-7 support Version Command Class V3. The binding currently only support Version Command Class V2 but I would need to setup a dev environment to check before reporting this as an issue.

It would be worth testing Aeotec or RaZberry 7 with a newer device that supports Version Command Class V3 if you have one.

I bought a FIBARO FIBEFGWPF-102-5 FGWP-102 Wall Plug (Typ F), 230 V for testing, but is still not delivered. I would test if this device will also work in my setup…

1 Like

The UK version was produced a little later and I think the firmware is a little different.

…successfull paired :+1:

Pls follow also:

1 Like

That is good news.

From what I can find the Aeotec is still using a Bridge controller firmware so it is different from the zwave.me. Has anyone had success with one on openHAB?

It sounds like the zwave.me might be the working for many devices and from the xml sent by @C.Griswold is a PC controller which is what openHAB supports.

As I noted earlier the binding does not have support for some recent versions of some control classes so if you get a new device and a new controller that tries to use these you might get issues.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.