Aeotec z-stick troubles

I don’t know what it could be. What hardware are you running?

You mean do I see more errors with ports? No, I don’t think so. The drivers for this are outside of he binding so there’s not so much I can do anyway I’m afraid.

I don’t know if I’m stupid…
But the port was indeed 3. But you had to input “COM3”.
It initialized fine now… :blush:

If this is windows, then yes, it must be COM3… :wink:

I ended up getting on a call with Aeotec and they recommended asking the company I bought the stick from for a replacement. I think the next generation z stick had come out around the time I bought my first one and I was able to get the newer version as a replacement free of charge. After that it worked fine.

Since then, I migrated openhab to a Linux server, which was my goal to begin with. Once I got that working, it’s been very stable. I recently tried to upgrade to openhab 2 from 1.8 and ran into an issue with USB serial drivers for the z stick that I read about both on this forum and on other websites. This time the Linux port locking mechanism had a bug in the library. Looks like I might be sticking with 1.8 for the time being.

Good luck!

I thought that both OH1 and OH2 used the same serial driver, so I wouldn’t have expected an issue only on OH2… Maybe the versions have changed though…

This is the same as the error I was having: Locking error using zwave in fedora 22

I am running OH1.8 directly in the system, while I have been trying to setup OH2.0 in docker. It sounds like it may be a docker issue more than a driver issue according to the following thread. Maybe I’ll have to try again and make sure the docker container clears the lock before stopping. Removing Zwave Lock File