Aeotec ZWA011

Trying to add an Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7, ZWA011 and so far multiple attempts to wake it up gets nothing. It remains an unknown device.

It shows up as “0371:0102:000B:1.1”

I think it might be new enough to not be recognized yet. Did some searching and don’t see references to it in amongst the other Aeotec devices.

What can I do to get this thing recognized or added to the database?

If it is fully discoveres there should be an xml file in the zwave folder of userdata. That can be used, along with the manual, to add an entry to the community supported database.
Here is the database guide.

I do have what appears to be a complete xml file. Trying to get a login setup on the database guide but having difficulty with that.

network_f0bed815__node_35.xml (11.0 KB)

After you set up a login you need to submit a ticket there to get database access. @chris can help further.

Uploaded xml files for the Aeotec ZWA011 and ZWA012. First is a Door/Window Sensor 7 and the other is the Pro version that adds tilt sensing and terminals to do a dry contact.

I added pictures and PDF manuals. Wasn’t sure what some of the information should be so I left it blank for now.

I can add more info once I know what’s needed.

I guess @chris completed & approved the devices.

So will they be recognized by openhab now or after the next milestone update?

No - until the database is complete and approved, it wont be added to the binding.

As I said to you in the ticket yesterday, you need to add the configuration and associations.

@chris I’ll try to get the info added tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve added parameters and associations according to the user manual. I’ve never done this before so I really don’t know if I’ve done it correctly or not. Did run into a few things that I couldn’t figure out.

parameter 8 - Group 2 on value
parameter 9 - Group 2 off value
- couldn't figure out how to define a range option of 0-99 
parameter 10 - Group 2 On time delay
parameter 11 - Group 2 Off time delay
- couldn't figure out how to define a range option of 0-32400

Once this is done I will have a ZWA012 to add also that is based on the same sensor but adds a tilt sensor and dry contacts.

You should just be able to put the min/max of 0-99…