Aeotec ZWave bulb does not react to sendCommand

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RasPi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_181-b122)
    • openHAB version: 2.5.8 Release Build

The problem I can’t get my head around concers the following rule that is supposed to switch on a Aeotec ZWave bulb but only works if the bulb was switched on/off “manually” via UI or voice command before.

Item

Color Halllight_FF_Stairs "Flurlicht" (gLights, gFF_Stairs) {channel="zwave:device:5a536276:node15:color_color", alexa="PowerController.powerState,BrightnessController.brightness,ColorController.color" [category="LIGHT"]}

Rule

rule "Flurlicht AN"
when
    Item gFF_MSensors changed to ON
then
    if (vTimeOfDay.state == "MORNING") {
        Halllight_FF_Stairs.sendCommand("45,82,20")
    }
    else if (vTimeOfDay.state == "EVENING") {
        Halllight_FF_Stairs.sendCommand("45,82,30")
    }
    else if (vTimeOfDay.state == "NIGHT") {
        Halllight_FF_Stairs.sendCommand("45,82,10")
    }
    else if (vTimeOfDay.state == "BED") {
        Halllight_FF_Stairs.sendCommand("8,90,10")
    }    
    else if (vTimeOfDay.state == "UNKNOWN") {
        Halllight_FF_Stairs.sendCommand("45,82,50")
    }
end

The main problem is that if I look at the event log the rule fires and everything looks fine and the command is sent to the bulb but the bulb does not react to it.
Maybe someone can help me or point me in the right direction. I’ll be glad to provide more information if needed.

Without seeing your log, it sounds like the rule is properly sending values to the color channel, but updating color doesn’t trigger the state to ON.

Does the bulb have a state channel? If so, what happens if you add an ON command to the rule?

1 Like

What model of bulb?

The bulb model is a: Aeotec LED RGBW ZW098 LED Bulb

Thanks for the idea will try that tomorrow. There is a Dimmer, Color Controll and Color Temperature channel available.

I have been running one of those for over a year. I only turn it off & on though,

Thanks for the hint. The ON Command did the trick.

Now I just have to find out how to get the color right after I switch on the bulb.

I’ll try sending the color command after the on with a Thread::Sleep(100)in between. Will see what happens.

OK the Thread::Sleep(100) did the trick. Not the most elegant way but a simple solution. Glad to hear other solutions.
Thanks for your help!

I prefer using createTimer over Thread::Sleep, though it doesn’t really matter for something that quick.