After OH2.3 upgrade fail to install any features: [ERROR] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-...'

Hi all,

I did an upgrade to the latest nightly (Build 1221) and after restart, no addons are being installed at all (not even paperui).

This is the repeating error message:

[ERROR] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-voice-marytts, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-binding-tradfri, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-binding-dmx, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-http1, openhab-misc-market, openhab-binding-tcp1, openhab-binding-max, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-onkyo': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.3.0.SNAPSHOT,2.3.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.kodi; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.3.0.201803022259,2.3.0.201803022259]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"]]

I’ve already cleaned cache and restartet a few times. I checked addons.cfg and org.openhab.addons.cfg which seem okay (no “”)

Any other hints?

Thanks

Yesterday I updated # 1219 to # 1221
The same problems, the time for experiments, except for the done by you, nebylo, therefore deleted the openHAB and installed again.
It works now. I agree, this is not a decision, I was lucky that I had a test server. On the working server # 1220, the update to # 1221 passed normally.

I upgraded from a Early-February built of OH 2.3 if that helps.

i’m facing the same issues after upgrading from 2.3.0~20180226150125-1 to #1221 yesterday.
deleting tmp/cache folder did not solve the issue. even downgrading to latest running version still the same issue.

also no success after updating to todays #1222

2018-03-05 19:23:09.858 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-yahooweather, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-binding-fritzboxtr0641, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-binding-expire1, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.3.0.SNAPSHOT,2.3.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.kodi; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.3.0.201803022259,2.3.0.201803022259]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"]]

any idea how to resolve this?

Hi @Oliverk

I just saw that both our errors say something about “kodi” so I deleted “kodi” from my “addons.cfg”.

My installation seems to be back to normal - of course without the kodi binding.

Looking into fixing that now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi David,

that worked for me too!
thank you very much for your hint. let’s see whats the issue is with the kodi binding…

after 1,5 day “outage” of my smart home I should think about dev/prod for my openhab setup :wink:

thanks, Oliver

I tried upgrading 1218 to 1221 and got the same error, so I had rolled back. Today I tried updating to 1222 and still got the error. Removing the Kodi binding resolved it for me too. @cweitkamp, do you have any ideas?

2018-03-04 21:40:12.931 [ERROR] [org.openhab.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller  ] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-jdbc-mariadb, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-caldav-command1, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-misc-hueemulation, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-mqtt1, openhab-binding-zoneminder, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-action-mail, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-binding-caldav-personal1, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.3.0.SNAPSHOT,2.3.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.kodi; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.3.0.201803022259,2.3.0.201803022259]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"]]

It looks like there are other bindings that could cause this too…

2 Likes

Seems like it is being fixed, not sure if it will make it into todays build? I’ll try updating in a few days.

I am also experiencing this issue, however, I don’t have Kodi in my addons.cfg. I am not sure how to remove it via Karaf, it doesn’t show in my bundle:list. Hoping for a fix soon.

If you follow the link two posts up, it lists some other bindings that will cause this.

I have no bindings listed in addons.cfg. I believe it must be trying to load them from the configuration stored in the database.

Do you have the feature installed? feature:list|grep -i kodi

I was looking under bundle. Yes, I see it under feature:list, it shows Uninstalled though.

Strange… do you have the same error?

Yes, exactly the same. Trying to install via Karaf tells me:

Error executing command: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.3.0.SNAPSHOT,2.3.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-binding-kodi)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.3.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-binding-kodi/2.3.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.binding.kodi; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.3.0.201803022259,2.3.0.201803022259]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259: missing requirement [org.openhab.binding.kodi/2.3.0.201803022259] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"]]

Trying to uninstall tells me it isn’t installed.

check and remove kodi binding in

/var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.openhab.addons.cfg
2 Likes

So far this appears to have resolved the issue. Bindings are now starting up. Thank you!

I just upgraded to Build #1224, then put “kodi” back into my addons.cfg.

Everything works again!

Thanks for the fix!

1 Like

I’ve got this issue with Kodi on todays build. 1234.

After removing kodi from addons.cfg the rest of the addons installed just fine. As soon as I go to install again via paperui it gives me the Failed installing error in the log.

any ideas how to fix this?