After reboot lost zwave things

hi, yes the file exists and there is also the configuration for the z-wave stick
“configuration”: {
“properties”: {
“controller_softreset”: false,
“security_networkkey”: “BE 07 8D C6 A6 CA 48 23 91 44 00 2B 1B 01 FC 4C”,
“security_inclusionmode”: 0,
“controller_sisnode”: 1,
“controller_sync”: false,
“port”: “/dev/ttyACM0”,
“controller_master”: true,
“inclusion_mode”: 2,
“controller_wakeupperiod”: 3600,
“heal_time”: 2,
“controller_exclude”: false,
“controller_inclusiontimeout”: 30,
“controller_hardreset”: false
}

That’s odd. Test something… in the Karaf console, run list -s | grep zwave. Maybe you have multiple zwave bindings installed and OH is getting confused after the restart. Since you manually installed the binding, you should not see it as being installed in Paper UI.

Hi
it looks like if I’ve two:
openhab> list -s | grep zwave
212 x Active x 80 x 2.5.0.201904160017 x org.openhab.binding.zwave
221 x Installed x 80 x 2.4.0 x org.openhab.binding.zwave

OK! So, uninstall the one you see in Paper UI, or run bundle:uninstall 221 in the console. You will then see errors in the log due to the serial transport missing. You will need to run feature:install openhab-transport-serial to install it, if you don’t have any other binding installed that has that dependency.

Another option is to use this script…

Hi I run the unistall command
and now the output of list - s | grep wave is
openhab> list -s | grep wave

But I don’t understand if I’ve to run also “feature:install openhab-transport-serial”, because I’ve installed other binding like network binding and samsung binding.

thanks

If they use serial, then you should be OK. Another trick is to just install the serial binding, which has this dependency too. If you manually install the serial transport, you need to instal it again after upgrading OH. If you check your openhab.log and see errors about gnu.io missing, you need to install it.

Try a restart of your nas and see if zwave comes up.

I run the command but I got this errors:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error restarting bundles:
Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [225]
Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.5.0.201904160017”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.zwave”; singleton:=“true”

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:1005)
                                                                    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1025)
            at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:964)
                                                                                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
                                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
                                                                                                                            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
                                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
                                                                                            Suppressed: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [225]
                               Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.5.0.201904160017"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.zwave"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444)
                                                                                                                    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383)
                                            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:402)
                                                                                                                                            at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:161)
                                                                                                    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1116)
                                                    at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:997)
                                                                                                                                                    ... 6 more
                                                                                                                                                              Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
    Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [225]

Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type=“osgi.bundle”; version:Version=“2.5.0.201904160017”; osgi.identity=“org.openhab.binding.zwave”; singleton:=“true”

Check the list of bundles again… the other one is back. Did you manually configure the binding line in addons.cfg? If so, make sure zwave is not in there.

list -s |wave
Command not found: wave

Now It looks like if I don’t have any bundle installed. is it correct?

Try this. There’s a history too, so up arrow.

openhab> list -s | grep zwave
225 x Installed x 80 x 2.4.0 x org.openhab.binding.zwave

now I’ve again 2.4.0

addons.cfg? https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/addons.html#through-configuration-files

where is it that file? I don’t remember it

That link will help

I fund the file but it looks like not containing any

A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. “binding = sonos,knx,zwave”)

#binding =

Strange. Try uninstalling the binding in Paper UI then. Removing it through the console should do the same thing though. Or do you maybe have another zwave jar in addons?

HI I’ve another zwave jar that I put in $OPENHAB_HOME/addons/

I downloaded tha jar zwave binding 2.5

The 2.5 one is OK in addons. Trying to understand why the 2.4 one is showing up after removing it in the console. Try removing in Paper UI.

Hi I still need halp. I unistall and install OH2.4 and added Zwave binding 2.5

openhab> list -s| grep zwave
198 x Active x 80 x 2.5.0.201904160017 x org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab> ^C

I manually run the command feature:install openhab-transport-serial, and I was able to run discovery of Zwave devices, but after reboot I got always the same error, the controller is off line because is not able to save the serial file /dev/ttyACM0 and after I added it manualy the serial controller is discovered but with a new thing ID and all the zwave devices are discovered againg with different ID.

I the OpenHab.log I got this error message:
[ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler@591fa824’: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2019-05-27 20:27:02.626 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:a12783e6’: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Any halp?

thanks
Maurizio

This was fixed a while ago. However, the underlying problem is that the port can’t be opened, so even with the newer version, it won’t work, but at least the exception will be caught :slight_smile: