After reboot lost zwave things

HI I’ve another zwave jar that I put in $OPENHAB_HOME/addons/

I downloaded tha jar zwave binding 2.5

The 2.5 one is OK in addons. Trying to understand why the 2.4 one is showing up after removing it in the console. Try removing in Paper UI.

Hi I still need halp. I unistall and install OH2.4 and added Zwave binding 2.5

openhab> list -s| grep zwave
198 x Active x 80 x 2.5.0.201904160017 x org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab> ^C

I manually run the command feature:install openhab-transport-serial, and I was able to run discovery of Zwave devices, but after reboot I got always the same error, the controller is off line because is not able to save the serial file /dev/ttyACM0 and after I added it manualy the serial controller is discovered but with a new thing ID and all the zwave devices are discovered againg with different ID.

I the OpenHab.log I got this error message:
[ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler@591fa824’: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2019-05-27 20:27:02.626 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:a12783e6’: null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler.initialize(ZWaveSerialHandler.java:86) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Any halp?

thanks
Maurizio

This was fixed a while ago. However, the underlying problem is that the port can’t be opened, so even with the newer version, it won’t work, but at least the exception will be caught :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that you need to install serial transport when working with newer zwave bindings.

I eventually had to use a recent snapshot release as there was apparently too much change between the base milestone release I had deployed and the recent zwave binding snapshot… but it comes with a warning as snapshots come without guarantee…

1 Like

Hi All
I did some test about this is issue and I noted that it’s related to the OpenHab version 2.4 and the new Zwave binding.
I’m using OpenHab 2.4 on my QNAP nas, so I’d like to install the vesion 2.5 on my qnap but I’m not able to find the package for QNAP. Is it available?

Thanks
Maurizio

The latest testing version is 2.5M2. Are you wanting to install OH or just the zwave binding?

Hi
I’'d like to install both.

Installing OH will install the same version binding. 2.5 stable has not yet been released
2.4 is the latest stable version.
2,5M2 is the latest testing build.

1 Like

actually on my Qnap nas I’ve installed OH 2.4 with zwave 2.5, but every time that I reboot the nas or restart OH I lost all zwave object added and lost the zwave usb stick. I need to reconfigure zwave stick and restart the zwave discovery.
Do you have any solution to avoid that on OH 2.4?

Hi All
I moved on OH 2.5.3 on Qnap, because I need to manage some new zwave node, not supported on old zwave binding.

I discovered that after NAS reboot, the zwave binding misses the serial port configuration and all zwave nodes are not reachable.

If I set serial port manually again, all nodes come reachable again.

I add the same issue with OH 2.4 but I fixed manually installing a 2.5.2 zwave binding, but it didn’t support some new switch I bough so I upgraded to last zwave binding.

any helps is more than welcome.

ciao
Maurizio

How did you upgrade to the last Z-Wave binding? You you mean the last Stable release (2.5.4) or the latest 2.5.5 Snapshot release?

I mean last stable release 2.5.4, that is the only available for QNAP nas. Is there any why to upgrade only z-wave binding?