After upgrade to 2.3.0 stable: Openhab not starting correctly, not accessible via web or karaf

On a raspberry pi version 8.0, java 1.8_065 with a razberry board running the apt-get version of openhab I upgraded from 2.2.0 stable to 2.3.0 stable. Ran through smooth, nothing seem to have gone wrong.
Tried installing either kodi or yamaha binding through PaperUI but both ran endlessly without any visible change. So I cleared tmp and cache and since that I cannot access either web frontend or karaf console. Running the start_debug it threw some permission errors which i fixed. Now when I run it it only returns
Launching the openHAB runtime…
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 5005
The log file contains an error:
[ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] – Error installing boot features
Any good idea on how to get the installation up and running again?
Thank you!

You Java version is too old, You need at least 1.8_101

Updated to _171.
Restarted Pi.
Symptoms unfortunately remain unchanged.

Maybe the full content of the log may be of help:
ERROR] [ternal.service.BootFeaturesInstaller] - Error installing boot features
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error:
invalid distance too far back
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader.(MavenDownloadManager.java:84) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager.createDownloader(MavenDownloadManager.java:72) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:375) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.downloadBundles(Subsystem.java:372) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:187) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:291) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1248) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$1(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1147) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
Suppressed: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid distance too far back
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:164) [?:?]
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:194) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Manifest$FastInputStream.fill(Manifest.java:441) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Manifest$FastInputStream.readLine(Manifest.java:375) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Manifest$FastInputStream.readLine(Manifest.java:409) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Attributes.read(Attributes.java:376) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Manifest.read(Manifest.java:199) [?:?]
at java.util.jar.Manifest.(Manifest.java:69) [?:?]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem.getMetadata(Subsystem.java:540) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.Subsystem$1.downloaded(Subsystem.java:402) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader$1.operationComplete(MavenDownloadManager.java:133) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.MavenDownloadManager$MavenDownloader$1.operationComplete(MavenDownloadManager.java:127) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.DefaultFuture.notifyListener(DefaultFuture.java:350) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.DefaultFuture.notifyListeners(DefaultFuture.java:335) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.DefaultFuture.setValue(DefaultFuture.java:259) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractDownloadTask.setFile(AbstractDownloadTask.java:61) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.download.impl.AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.run(AbstractRetryableDownloadTask.java:61) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.5]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Thanks in advance for your support!

Now I tried to reinstall openhab. So I purged openhab 2.2.0 stable and installed openhab 2.3.0 stable via apt-get. Install successfull, login via karaf possible. Then restored my backup from my old setup: The error was exactly the same.
Then I un- and reinstalled 2.3.0 stable again an took two steps: moved the settings-files back to /etc/openhab2. After that openhab could still be started, sitemaps were there, obviously without any actions behind them due to missing config incl. bindings. Then moved the files from the backup back into the /var/lib/openhab2 and the error was back.
I am about to build everything from scratch again. :frowning:
Any last ideas on how to get my current system back?

You shouldn’t restore the entire OPENHAB_USERDATA (/var/lib/openhab2/) dir.

the jsondb and zwave (if using zwave) subdirs should be enough

You will need to install (from PaperUI) your bindings since you purged the previous 2.2 installation but that should be fine and you will be able to get your system back up on 2.3

That worked! Was able to install bindings as usual. So at least as far as I can see I do have items, sitemaps and such back without any obvious errors. Will start looking into karaf to see if any errors occur.

Leaves me without any clue what initially caused the error.
Thanks a lot for your help!