Alarm Clock Andorid sends UNDEF

Fixed in Release 3.1.1-beta · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

Yes 5:50 is a valid alarm clock time that i have set. Thanks i will test it if its available for me.

1 Like

Hello!

I know this is an old topic, but I have similar problem with one of my devices. I have two Huawei smartphones - Huawei P20 Pro (that sends alarm time correctly) and Huawei Nova 3i - also known as Huawei P Smart + (2018). Both devices use the same Huawei Clock application for alarms, but when alarm is set on Nova 3i OpenHAB android application sends a notification that states “Ignored alarm time update to which was set by null”. Both phones use latest PlayStore version of OpenHAB android application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Davor

What about a feature added to the app where a list is presented to the user in the settings with all apps listed. Per default all apps are activated and the user can deactivate on a per app basis?

I just want to add two things I noticed:

• For my Samsung S22, the alarm clock is mostly correct, sometimes the time is only seconds off (e.g. 1s earlier, which just looks odd, but does not matter)

• For my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, it looks completly chaotic. In winter time, I had to add 1 hour to the time transferred. Now, in summer time, I had to add 2 hours, but this morning alarm still was an hour to early. When playing around with the alarm lock, I have all sorts of odd times (e.g. 3h earlier, but sometimes only 2:45h)… Looks like for now, I have to hardcode the time.

Hello!

The thing with few seconds off alarm actually made a lot problems for me. If I was to set an alarm at 08:00, it would go off on the phone, and set OpenHAB alarm item to the next alarm, but OpenHAB time was 07:59:59.500 for example, so OpenHAB alarm never went off. The only solution was to act upon alarm item change, and set it few seconds earlier.

I guess you could do the same, and edit OpenHAB alarm time when changed to add/subtract hours to make it correct.

Edit: Have you had a chance to see the time being sent by the phone in OpenHAB android logs?

Best regards,
Davor

That wouldn’t help much. Starting with Android 13 openHAB doesn’t know anymore which app sent the alarm: Sending Alarm Clock no longer working in Android 13 · Issue #3010 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

@davorf @openhabba You could try other clock apps, e. g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestion. I’m just wondering if custom clock application will function the same as the original one - regarding turning phone on when alarm goes off for example. Or that’s only possible with default application.

Best regards,
Davor

Hello!

I’ve tried the application you’ve suggested and it works. I’ve checked package name on both phones for the default application, but it’s the same, so I guess there is some problem with the Nova 3i. Anyway, the other application solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Davor