Alarm clock of squeezebox radio for OH

Hello everybody,

I red sometime ago about the possibility for using the alarmclock of eg squeezebox radio
to interact with openhab. But unfortunately I can’t find the correct channel. I have no clue about adding custom channels to a thing, so I hope someone can do that because I think I’m not the only one who would like that feature

The current version of the squeezebox binding doesn’t support the native squeezebox alarm functionality (although you should be able to accomplish the same thing using a rule).

Hello, @dohr83

A quick search on the forum turns up this:

You can then use openHAB as an alarm clock to trigger your squeezebox

You can’t. Unless you want to do the binding development. You can always put up a feature request on gitHub.

The issue is already on github. Check out #1 on How to ask a good question. LOL :wink:

@dohr83
Sorry, but it’s pretty low (actually near the bottom) on my priority list to do.

Ok, I see my topic is crap.

I don’t wanted to have an alarm clock with openhab rules, I mentioned that openhab recognize that an alarm is coming, so it do something.

For e.g.:
my alarm (that I have defined in the radio) will start at 6am. So openhab should switch on the bathroom heating at 5:45, or the coffee machine.

In my case, I often change my alarm times caused of my working times, so it’s more easy to change times on the radio in stead of changing the rules.

It’s on a low priority, so I will look for an alternative.

Many thanks for the fast reply’s

Maybe that can solve your problem.

https://community.openhab.org/t/android-alarm-and-openhab2/42283

I haven’t tested it yet but it’s on my ToDo…

Don’t change the alarm of the radio OR the rules. Change the alarm on HABpanel or the sitemap.
No need to go editing rules