Alexa finds no NEW items, exisiting items work fine though

I set up Alexa with my openHAB installation a few weeks ago to see if it was working.
I added Alexa metadata tags to a bunch of items and got them working. I can now, for example, switch a light in my living room with Alexa.

But now I want to add more items. I’ve added the proper metadata tags to other items and told Alexa to search for new devices, none were found. Each time I try this no new devices are found. Nothing in the logs point to any problem. Restarting openHAB does not help, either.

The “old” devices, with which I started a few weeks ago, still work, so I can probably rule out connection problems through myopenhab. If I look there under “Applications” I see Alexa.

This is a very simple example, which should just add the current temperature of my fridge to Alexa:

Number:Temperature lumitemp01 "Kühlschrank [%.1f %unit%]" <temperature> {channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:lumitemp01:temperature", alexa="TemperatureSensor.temperature"}

I also tried it with other items and other Alexa tags, without success.
If it helps, the last device discovery was started 2020-03-01 21:44:40 (German time)

Never mind, I’ve found the culprit. I had a rollershutter with Alexa metadata which was probably wrong (although mostly copied from the Alexa metadata documentation). After removing that metadata the rest of the new Alexa items were found by Alexa :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.