Alexa Skill find no new items

Based on the time you posted your last reply, I will assume that you are in Europe and the CET timezone. Looking at the logs between 17:10 and 17:20 CET, there are no obvious errors that would be tied to your discovery request.

Have you tried to unlink and relink the skill on the Alexa side? Sometimes, the authentication can get messed up and requires a relink. Other than that, I am running out of possible reasons on how to fix your issue.

Yes, I was part of the effort in getting v3 up and running.

:heart:

@jeshab

Yes I am in Germany.
I unlinked and relinked the skill on Alexa side today. The problem stays :frowning:

Regarding the JSON link:

• I notice that the content is surrounded by […]. Should it no be {…}?
  • Is this JSON string generated by my openHAB installation or by the myopenhab.org website?

The link returns an array of items. So the format is fine.

It is generated by your openHAB server via the myopenhab cloud connector service.

Would you be able to dump the JSON output in a dropbox file and share the link via a private message? I would like to run some tests. Also, can you also check the output of this link? This is one usually gets affected by the Amazon Echo Control binding 2.4 bug.

Hey @jeshab

Its OK for me to share the JSON output with you if you send me how to share it privatly
The link which you asked me to try shows my location:

location	"50.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,8.71XXXXXXXXXXXX"

Is this all what you expected to see?
I did not try anything else like, reinstall the cloud connector. I am happy if I can help to get closer to the root cause and if it helps to improve for others.

I just send you a private message that you can respond to with the information I mentioned.

Yes as long as it didn’t generate an error.

For reference purpose, after going over the information provided by @olialb, the issue was related to a invalid item configuration for EqualizerController.modes. Unfortunately, there are some edge cases during the discovery process where Alexa would silently fail on a specific interface preventing the whole setup from being discoverable.

I went ahead and added a fix to ignore any of currently known invalid item configuration that could cause this behavior.

2 Likes

hey @jeshab

actually I forgot that I played around with this the new V3 options long time ago.
Now I removed the EqualizerController.modes and the missing items are found by Alexa!

Great job and thank you very much for that “privat” debug session!

I think the thread can be marked as solved!