Alexa thermostatMode not working properly

Hello,
this is my first topic, so please let me know if I can improve something :slight_smile:
I have an issue with an Item with the alexa ThermostatController.thermostatMode.

The Item is called “Heizungsmodus” (heating mode) which controls all my heating Items with a simple rule.
It is added like this:

Number hHeizungsmodus "Heizungsmodus" <temperature> (gHaus) {alexa="ThermostatController.thermostatMode" [OFF=0,HEAT=1,ECO=2]}

I have added it to an Alexa Group “Heizung” (heating).
“Setze Heizung auf Eco” (set heating to eco) and “Setze Heizung auf Heizen” (set heating to heat) both work.
But “Setze Heizung auf Aus” (set heating to off) or “Setze Heizung auf 0” (set heating to 0) or “Setze Heizung aus” (set heating off) don’t work. Alexa replies with “Heizung unterstützt das nicht” (heating does not support that).

Unfortunately I cannot use a routine as workaround. “Heizungsmodus” can only be set to a temperature there, not OFF/ECO/HEAT.
I tried it with another Alexa Group on my phone (which is set to English not German) and it works with “set heating to off”, so the issue is the language it seems :frowning:

Thanks for any ideas / suggestions

Based on this Amazon developer forum post, you have to use the term Ausgeschaltet to set thermostat to OFF mode. Probably not the most intuitive translation.

Alexa, setze Heizung auf Ausgeschaltet

@jeshab
Yeah not really intuitive but it does work :slightly_smiling_face:
Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like