All bindings, automations, tranformation - basically all add ons 'gaaawn to the daaawgs'!

Hello!

Here’s one for the books.

First the question: Do I need to re-install or is there another way to determine what else might have gone wrong and correct that without doing a complete apt-remove and purge before re-installing? I don’t mind doing that, it will give me a chance to correct some tiny ‘not best practice’ things I let slip in as I fiddled about with the technology - but would prefer not to as the wife is allready complaining she’s a coding widow (which she considers a downgrade from an astrophotography widow).

Running: Openhab 3.1.0, build 2433 (test distro, only just apt-updated this evening after being on the test distro) on a desktop computer with Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS installed (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-74-generic x86_64). I also have subsonic, Homebridge, Apache2, Wordpress and Nextcloud installed on the same server…because you know, I like a simple life… 1TB SDD (78% used), 16GB RAM (4GB seems to be the general usage spot).

Everything was running as expected (which is to say not entirely a complete shamozzle as my programming is not top notch) and I decided to try out some tasmota functions and fiddle about with Sonoff 433mhz sensors (much faster on the ‘off’ update than zigbee or wi-fi). Probably should start with looking at z-wave before going down the path of 433mhz, but I digress.

After apt-updating, did a graceful shut down and re-boot, checked my openHAB status page and all the Things are listed as ‘Uninitialized’. After reading through the log, it told me that all of the bindings had ‘Failed installing’. Here’s what it looks like:

Log Extract
2021-06-23 16:18:25.867 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-automation-pidcontroller, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-bin2json, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-lifx, openhab-automation-jsscripting, openhab-binding-zigbee, openhab-automation-pwm, openhab-binding-sensibo, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-yeelight, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-transformation-jinja, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-fronius, openhab-binding-milight, openhab-binding-ambientweather, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-wemo, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-binding-miio, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-androiddebugbridge': Error:
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.ember/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.telegesis/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531/1.4.0
2021-06-23 16:18:25.867 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-automation-pidcontroller, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-bin2json, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-lifx, openhab-automation-jsscripting, openhab-binding-zigbee, openhab-automation-pwm, openhab-binding-sensibo, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-yeelight, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-transformation-jinja, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-fronius, openhab-binding-milight, openhab-binding-ambientweather, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-wemo, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-binding-miio, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-androiddebugbridge': Error:
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.ember/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.telegesis/1.4.0
	Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531/1.4.0
2021-06-23 16:19:25.430 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-hue, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-automation-pidcontroller, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-bin2json, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-lifx, openhab-automation-jsscripting, openhab-binding-zigbee, openhab-automation-pwm, openhab-binding-sensibo, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-binding-yeelight, openhab-binding-kodi, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-transformation-jinja, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-fronius, openhab-binding-milight, openhab-binding-ambientweather, openhab-binding-tplinksmarthome, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-binding-wemo, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-yamahareceiver, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-binding-miio, openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-homekit, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-androiddebugbridge': Error:

So, after reading through it, it looks like something might be wrong with the Zigbee dongle (I use a HUSBZB-1, Nortek dongle as it handles both Zigbee and Z-wave). I removed the dongle, re-booted and no dice, same errors.

So, I have luckily backed up all my config files and rules, backed up all the sub-directories in conf and userdata. I’m not overly stressed about re-installing, just a little dissapointed if I have to.

Any advice on trouble-shooting?

Looks like

1 Like

Yes, I manually edited the addons.config file (in config/org/openhab) and removed zigbee, z-wave. Re-started and it came good again - have not tried re-adding zigbee yet but I suspect I should move away from the test distro anyway.

See OH 3.1 SNAPSHOT #2354 Error downloading mvn:com.zsmartsystems.zigbee/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.telegesis/1.3.10 for details. At its root it’s a build problem. You can temporarily work around the problem by downloading the addons .kar file from Download openHAB | openHAB and putting it into the addons folder.

This should only be an issue on SNAPSHOTS for now.

1 Like

As always, awesome and thank you Rich and Rossko

Sorry, sorry. Another question. I have downloaded the milestone release add-ons and placed them in the addons folder, no problems there. Go to add the zigbee binding and I’m presented with two choices, one being the SNAPSHOT version and the other being M5.

Putting both pointy fingers together in the form of a cross to the SNAPSHOT version, I carefully then select the M5 version to install. However, when I do this, it’s pops up saying ‘installing’ on both versions and I get the same error in the log again (i.e. can’t download it, we know why).

Is there a way to purge the SNAPSHOT binding? It doesn’t appear as installed because I removed it from the addons.config file. When I add it back in - error appears again.

Any hints?

Here are some pictures to help explain.

Both bindings show as being present and able to be installed

Looking at the M5 binding, the details state is the SNAPSHOT version?

If you use the .kar file, you need to disable the remote addons option under settings.

Settings → System Settings → Add-on Management → Access Remote Repository → Switch to off

In addition I recommend running the same versions across OH core and the binding versions. So if you want to run the M5 release then you should install OH 3.1 M5 which should not have the problem above anyway. If you want to run the snapshot version of OH 3.1 then you should download the SNAPSHOT kar file to install the add-ons.

As I said, the problem is a build problem. There is nothing wrong with the actual zigbee binding.

Thanks Gents, that is good advice. I re-enabled Zigbee but then thought better of it and did a purge and re-install of openHAB. No issues there, Zigbee up and running again, rules needed a little modification because I smartened up some names as I added Things again but no issues at all doing that. Quite a pleasant experience all told. I even received my Tasmota flashed Things via MQTT automatically (thanks to Tasmota’s Home Assistant autodiscovery - not that I am using Home Assistant at all or advocate it, or am a detractor…I nothing it you could say…Tasmota autodiscovery just works nicely with openHAB).