All of a sudden...Configuration model 'pool.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [1,1]: missing EOF at ''

OH 2.5.2

So all of a sudden one of my item files (which has been working fine for years) is now failing to load due to a configuration error.

Configuration model 'pool.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [1,1]: missing EOF at ''

I have looked through the file and can’t see anything that looks to be wrong…I’ve opened up the file in Visual Studio which shows no errors.

The only time I’ve touched the file recently was to try and add an Alexa tag which did not work which I have since removed.

Here is the pool.items file.

Number PoolAirTemp "Ambient Temperture  [%.1f °F]" { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:temp-airtemp" }
Number PoolWaterTemp "Pool Temperture  [%.1f °F]" { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:temp-pooltemp" }
Switch Pump "Pool Pump []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-pump" }
Switch Cleaner "Cleaner" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux1 " }
Switch WaterFall "Waterfall" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux2" }
Switch PoolLight "Pool Light []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux6" }
Switch BeachLight "Beach Light []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux5" }
Switch HotTubLight "Hot Tub Light []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux7" }
Switch HotTubBubbles "Hot Tub Bubbles []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux4" }
Switch HotTubJets "Hot Tub Jets []" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:equipment-aux3" }
Number PoolMode "The Pool Mode Is Set To: [MAP(poolmode.map):%s]" { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:system-opmode" }
Number PoolBatt "The Jandy Battery Status is: [MAP(poolbattery.map):%s]" { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:system-lowbat" }
//Alert Switch
Switch poolpump_psiswitch { expire="8h,command=OFF" }

I also tried to pull one item out of this file and create a new item file “pool_new.items” and it returns the same configuration error.

Here are the contents of pool_new.items

Number PoolMode "The Pool Mode Is Set To: [MAP(poolmode.map):%s]" { channel="autelis:jandy:poolcontrol:system-opmode" }

Has a syntax error checker been updated that it may not like some of my items that have been working without issue for years?

Squid :squid:

That one’s got bad quotemarks

fixed quotemarks

1 Like

I just double checked…and replaced…still getting the same error.

I expect your editor has changed then, and is not now saving files in UTF-8 form.

That’s exactly what it was…thank you.

Whats weird is that during the debugging process, I used three different editors…i guess one got switched and the others just played along with the format type.

Thanks again.

Squid

1 Like