All Z-Wave devices going OFFLINE after running for about a day

I’m using a recent nightly build, but have had this problem for awhile now (since upgrading from OH1). After running for about a day all z-wave devices go offline at the same time and the nodes are marked DEAD. I’ve turned on debug logging for the z-wave binding, but that doesn’t show any interesting info when the node goes offline. One moment it’s working fine, then the next the controller can’t communicate with the node. I have to reboot to get it working again, just stopping/starting the openhab2 service doesn’t work. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Raspberry PI
  • Aeon Labs DSA02203-ZWUS Z-Wave Z-Stick

I had something similar when I installed a (non-zwave) wireless device very close to my zwave controller - clearly an interference problem. I junked that device and everything recovered.

It is close to my router which hasn’t been a problem before, but I’ll try moving it and see what happens. Thanks Dan.

that shouldn’t be an issue - zwave in the EU is 868MHz, which is different frequency to wifi but shared with many alarm systems and other wireless devices.

Good point. I don’t think I’m using anything in the house that I know of using the US 908.42MHz z-wave frequency.

I ended up upgrading to the latest Aeotec Gen-5 Z-Wave Z-Stick. I had an older Gen-2 version which was working fine for over a year, but I couldn’t figure out what changed to cause the dropped nodes. Everything has been very solid since I got the new one.