The Docker image from here: https://hub.docker.com/r/openhab/openhab/ is based on Debian:jessie. But Debian:jessie misses the GLIBCXX_3.4.21. The way you mentioned works on ubuntu, but not on Debian:jessie because there is no newer Version than GLIBCXX_3.4.20.
I switched over to an ubuntu based image and installed openhab2.1.0-snapshot manually.
But If i run the discovery from AllPlayBinding openhab2 chrashes:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fbb720ab274, pid=4888, tid=0x00007fbbcd2c8700
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (8.0_112-b16) (build 1.8.0_112-b16)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (25.112-b16 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [liballjoyn_java.so+0x107274] JBusAttachment::Disconnect()+0x4d4
# Core dump written. Default location: /openhab/userdata/core or core.4888
@nignac can you let me know which snapshot version of the AllPlay binding you’re using? E.g. by executing bundle:list | grep AllPlay in the karaf console.
Also, which docker image did you use for the ubuntu version?
@nignac I have made a PR today which should fix the issue you had (at least it fixed the same issue on my Ubuntu VM). If you’ll install the binding snapshot tomorrow you should get the latest version as far as I know. Would be great if you could try it again.
Sorry, wasn’t able to put much time into this recently and therefore unable to make a PR yet.
If you want to try it, you can use this snapshot build: [edit: multiroom now available in official snapshot]
These new channels are available (probably you need to delete and rediscover your speaker things first in order to see them):
| clearzone | Switch | Remove the current speaker from the zone |
| zoneid | String | Id of the Zone the speaker belongs to |
| zonemembers | String | Set the zone members by providing a comma-separated list of device names. (This channel is currently only for setting the zone members. It does not update automatically if the zone members are changed from another source) |
Device name is the name/label your speaker has in OH.
If you have any suggestions for improvements please let me know!
unfortunately I am not aware of any connection mechanism other than multicast discovery.
Are there any AllPlay apps which are able to find all your AllPlay speakers? If yes, there is probably a way to implement it in the AllPlay binding as well, although I don’t know how. If no, it is probably not possible or very difficult…
@all: By the way, multiroom support is now available in the latest addons snapshot (=PR has been merged some days ago). No need to use the custom build anymore.
I was playing with a multicast proxy (smcroute) and I forwarded SSDP traffic from Allplay devices network to the network where is installed OH.
Once forwarded the traffic, any system in the OH’s network can detect allplay devices (and control them):
But Allplay binding continues without detecting the speakers. But is more extrange, i can see traffic from my OH to Speakers (A connection is stablished from OH to Speaker’s port 2870).
Once forwarded the multicast SSDP traffic from one network to another, OH sees the Speaker, stablishes (and maintains) a connection with him, but does nothing (And other devices and apps in the network can control the speakers without problem).
Hm, this is not an error message from the binding but from the framework. Did you remove the custom build from the addons folder? I’d try to remove the things from the inbox, uninstall the binding, remove the binding from the addons folder and install the binding from the central repository again.
If this doesn’t help, we need to dig deeper…
@dominicdesu I’m on an older build #982. I never did use the addons folder. I instead use the addons.cfg. (removing entry: allplay). Then deleting the following: \userdata\tmp\mvn\org\openhab\binding\org.openhab.binding.allplay\2.2.0-SNAPSHOT\ and after this I put entry “allplay” back into addons.cfg. Then the latest Snapshot of the allplay.binding was installed.
I better should try to update the complete build from #982 to #1039. But I’ll try it later…Thanks for your support.
Now I’m temporary back to 188.8.131.52707082234 | AllPlay Binding. And it’s running again!