Almost no mesh networking between nodes after Zwave network rebuild

Hey *,

a few weeks ago I switched from the Aeotec Z-Stick S2 to the gen5 and rebuilt the complete Zwave network.
Since then I have the problem that some nodes are marked as offline from time to time and the network-view also looks quite strange.
Many nodes have not entered a single neighbor either. The offline nodes all run on battery and are rarely used because they are door contact sensors. Since this is all part of an alarm system, it would be important that the sensors either work or the status is reliable. However, if I manually trigger a heal, the offline nodes are directly available again and online.

Currently openhab 2.3 is running with the corresponding zwave binding:

openhab> bundle:list -s | grep zwave
227 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0                  │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

I know there were problems with the network view and heal in previous versions of the binding, but the fixes should have been included in 2.3, right?

Thanks
Sven

No they are not. The OH2 binding does NOT support network healing.
You would need to use the development version of the zwave binding or wait for 2.4 when this is probably to become the standard.

All right, then I got that wrong. But the network shouldn’t look like this, though, should it?
Upgrading from the 2.3 to the development version I don’t have to re-create all things, do I?

Can’t tell for sure. Those disparate nodes might be battery powered ones.

Yes you do.

Since the network information is not downloaded from the devices, it could look like this.

Note that this doesn’t mean that the routine will not work. Modern ZWave networks use other systems to formulate the route through the network - namely explorer frames, and this is supported by the binding. With explorer frames, the controller sends out messages onto the network to automatically discover a route to the destination.

The binding has no input to the routing - this is all done by the controller.

This only affects the openhab internal processes, since the network information is stored on the controller.
So I don’t have to re-include all nodes, right?

Thank you very much for the quick answers!

Correct - just delete the thing, click on the + in the inbox which will add the devices back again, and then add them as things from the inbox (no exclusion required).