Amazon Dash Button Binding for openhab 2.0 get's uninstalled with every restart

Hi,

I’m currently migration from 1.8 to 2.0 and have the curious behavior that the Amazon Dash Button Binding get’s uninstalled with every restart. I’m using openHABian with a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and openhab.log shows the following entry:

[core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Uninstalled 'openhab-binding-amazondashbutton'

In addition I’m currently using the following bindings without them getting uninstalled on restart:

• Astro Binding
  • AVM FRITZ! Binding
  • Exec Binding
  • NTP Binding
1 Like

Have you set any bindings in your OPENHAB_CONF/services/addons.cfg file? (I think it’s /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg in openHABian)

If yes: make sure that “amazondashbutton” is also included in the binding = line.

Usually, this behavior (uninstall on startup) happens when you are using the binding = line in the addons.cfg file and these Add-ons are not explicitly defined there.

If you don’t define any binding in the addons.cfg file (comment out that line), you won’t have this issue.

I see that you use 2.x version bindings only (which is great). A small note in case you will want to continue using the binding = line and want to include a 1.x version binding: Remember to suffix the binding name with a “1” (see: Initial package selection and changed add-on ids)

1 Like

Thanks for your fast reply - I only included ‘amazon’, not ‘amazondashbutton’ :-S

1 Like